Aerocell question

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
TW

Notice the step bumper on the Aerocell?
That will help keep the mast of forktrucks away from the body.

About my Dodge only 49 1/4 rear doors and I had to remove the door guides
as they were attached to the inside doorframe. They were only plastic and would have been smashed quickly anyhow.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Tw..The more we him and haw the sprinter is getting road tested in North America and the 2005's will be out maybe even the 6's *lol* before we make a decision and some bugs wil be worked out, as I said before in 9 yrs in Europe average engine life before failures 620,000 miles

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Twmaster

For the type of work you do I don't see why you need something as big as a sprinter, or the big aerocell body. Why not just get a regular Chevy or Ford, heavy duty. You will end up getting 500K, 600K, or more hauling the loads you do. I haul less than 1000 lbs in my 3500 Chevy and get those long miles. The last van I owned had 527000 when I got rid of it, and is still running today. The guy that bought my van is using it on his land to haul to and from the fields. You may also want a window van so you don't have to pay top dollar for plates.

Twmaster

Expert Expediter
Good point Tony as I said earlier in this thread I really don't like the Aerocell. I am about to be transfered to a new departments that handles the 'white glove' sort of clients and will be moving *loads* of documents from this area to places all over the North East. I just looked at a very nice 99 Express 3500 loooong wheelbase unit.

--
Mike N

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
TW...

Thats new department doesn't happen to involve data backup and or recovery does it?

We seem to be running to Philly alot involving this kind of business.

Twmaster

Expert Expediter
>TW...
>
>Thats new department doesn't happen to involve data backup
>and or recovery does it?

Nope just cartons of freshly printed documents.

--
Mike N

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I think you will like the Chevy 2500. Are you going with the extended or the regular? Thanks for the email!!!

Twmaster

Expert Expediter
Looks like I am going with neither. :(

Having problems now with the financing. I *thought* we had that all lined up. I hate dealing with buying cars/trucks.

--
Mike N