Welfare from Maine

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Why limit the work requirement to childless adults? I would like to see all able body welfare recipients required to work and the government subsidize childcare and even wages instead of food stamps and all the other no strings attached handouts. Often it is easier and more profitable not to work.

Reactions: davekc

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It begs the question, when could there ever be objections?

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Why limit the work requirement to childless adults? I would like to see all able body welfare recipients required to work and the government subsidize childcare and even wages instead of food stamps and all the other no strings attached handouts. Often it is easier and more profitable not to work.

When I took custody of my 3 girls from my ex wife if it wasn't for the daycare assistance, I would have been screwed. Now that was around 2000, from what I have been told, they don't offer that now.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Just like the rest of welfare, I would be ok with government daycare assistance but only for say one or two years. That is it. That is enough time for them to find work or go to school. Have to help but cut the dependence.
And only available to actual US citizens. Just found out we are spending millions just on Ocare for illegals. They have to stop this silly stuff.

Reactions: muttly

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Just like the rest of welfare, I would be ok with government daycare assistance but only for say one or two years. That is it. That is enough time for them to find work or go to school. Have to help but cut the dependence.
And only available to actual US citizens. Just found out we are spending millions just on Ocare subsidies for illegals. They have to stop this silly stuff. About 750 million is the number I am hearing.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Isn't there a big child care deduction already for working parent/s?

Yes. I would remove that if they elect to take the money right away. No "double dipping". Although, some try to do it in certain states.