Weekly (right-wing) Wing-Nut Roundup

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Some more of that Christian Phobia stuff,,right here in Tennessee, now I gotta carry my old 6 shooter, darn it, and get some updated hollow-points,,,well I am off to the ammo store..

Tennessee Lt. Gov. Ron Ramsey responded to the mass shooting at an Oregon community college in a Facebook post Friday saying that “fellow Christians” should consider getting a handgun carry permit to protect themselves.

In his Facebook posting, Ramsey, who is also speaker of the Tennessee senate, said the recent spate of mass shootings around the nation is “truly troubling.”

The Blountville Republican said, "whether the perpetrators are motivated by aggressive secularism, jihadist extremism or racial supremacy, their targets remain the same: Christians and defenders of the West."

"I would encourage my fellow Christians who are serious about their faith to think about getting a handgun carry permit," Ramsey wrote. "I have always believed that it is better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it. Our enemies are armed. We must do likewise."

Home on the range , anyone?

The Blountville Republican has his head where the sun don't shine. Many of those 'targets' were children. And if Christians were the targets, the perpetrators would be shooting solely in churches, not schools, movie theaters, and other secular places. :mad:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Are we talking about the same people, the students at the college? If so, I presume we're talking about "children" in the same way the left talks about "children" up to age 25 at certain times for certain of their agenda purposes? I guess it's convenient to believe Christians weren't the target in spite of the MO of the shooter. "What religion are you?" Some instances haven't targeted a specific religion. Some instances have, most of them in churches or synagogues. This one targeted Christians and the hated school concurrently.

Reactions: muttly

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I guess it's convenient to believe Christians weren't the target in spite of the MO of the shooter. "What religion are you?" Some instances haven't targeted a specific religion. Some instances have, most of them in churches or synagogues. This one targeted Christians and the hated school concurrently.
It may be less convenient to consider the comments from nearly every one of the survivors who have commented on it, than it is to simply believe he specifically targeted Christians, I suppose. But every survivor who was asked about it disagreed that he was targeting Christians specifically, and instead targeted people who were part of an organized religion and believed in God. Combine that with the knowledge of his writings on and off the Internet as showing him to have issues with any and all organized religions, and not Christians specifically, then "convenience" gives way to "faith" in something without evidence to support it.

Reactions: davekc and RLENT

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
It may be less convenient to consider the comments from nearly every one of the survivors who have commented on it, than it is to simply believe he specifically targeted Christians, I suppose. But every survivor who was asked about it disagreed that he was targeting Christians specifically, and instead targeted people who were part of an organized religion and believed in God. Combine that with the knowledge of his writings on and off the Internet as showing him to have issues with any and all organized religions, and not Christians specifically, then "convenience" gives way to "faith" in something without evidence to support it.
Good Heavens ... are you offering some actual facts ?

What are you trying to do ... spoil all the fun of being a member of a "persecuted" and "victimized" group ?

Reactions: iceroadtrucker

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Good Heavens ... are you offering some actual facts ?

What are you trying to do ... spoil all the fun of being a member of a "persecuted" and "victimized" group ?
What I'm mainly doing is illustrating the sheer folly of drawing conclusions based on incomplete facts, or worse, based on invented facts, and then putting actual faith into that which is not supported in any way by the known evidence. Faith can be funny like that.

Reactions: RLENT

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Are we talking about the same people, the students at the college? If so, I presume we're talking about "children" in the same way the left talks about "children" up to age 25 at certain times for certain of their agenda purposes? I guess it's convenient to believe Christians weren't the target in spite of the MO of the shooter. "What religion are you?" Some instances haven't targeted a specific religion. Some instances have, most of them in churches or synagogues. This one targeted Christians and the hated school concurrently.

We are talking about the victims referred to in the Tn Lt Gov's statement: "mass shootings around the country". You know, including Sandy Hook & Columbine?