Sept 2015 locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good morning Gang....Made a small dent in the tree pile....takes so much work just cutting off the limbs and dragging to the pile .....the cutting itself is the easy part.....Fog has moved in, supposed to be the last day of this heat wave....
Hope you are all having the weekend you wanted to have....:)

Attachments

• enemy.jpg
    enemy.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: Mailer and ntimevan

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am now the proud owner of a CDL class A permit
Congratulations! You were too young and inexperienced to just jump into a cargo van and start expediting. Good to see you are back on the road of logical progression to cargo van owner/operator. Before we learn to walk we first must crawl, then comes baby steps. Class A, tractor-trailer is a good start. Take your time and learn all you can. It took me 20 years to work my way up to cargo van owner/operator, but it was worth it.

Seriously, good luck to you! Keep us posted. Do you have any job prospects yet? You will probably have to spend some time team driving with a trainer. Once you get out on your own I'm sure you will enjoy it. Hang in there. With a year of experience you should be able to pick and choose just about any driving job you want. You might even get back into a cargo van before you turn 40.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I seem to have a problem....LOL

10422942_941737252503540_2661173026960714368_n.jpg

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm not sure which is more rare to see. Me on the road over a holiday weekend or my back doors being open. Might be a draw.
A little close to the road for my liking, but can't complain about the breeze it generates :)

ImageUploadedByEO Forums1441476960.965343.jpg

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Update on MY week... I was suppose to have a 2nd C/T scan on Tuesday and an Office visit on Wedsday ... late monday 4pm doctor office called and said appointments were scheduled too soon and they rescheduled them for 8am on Sept. 8th... I said ok thats 6days away .. am I ok to go back to work ... they said Yes see you next week but continue meds and food plan .
So at 5pm (ct) i went into Service ....45 minutes later ... Load ...Waterloo, Iowa to American Falls , Idaho ... 1289 LM deliver by 5pm ct on Weds..1 skid 389lbs. (yes Ovm ) JD parts to a dealer ... took my (CEO) with me... unloaded Weds 11am... had 1 load bid late Weds. but no luck.
Thursday got my pd. DH move to Grand Island , Ne... 789 pm.. late Friday started our dh to home ...after getting to Des Moines with no load calls.. I took myself OOS till Late Tuesday .... not a bad week for sick leave ....Lol , my CEO companion enjoyed trip But dislike the drive through Wy...

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Didn't make it to Memphis........ yet.

My dispatcher redefined the Labor Day :rolleyes:
Two more pick ups and drops in WI and MN were added.

Done and heading to Memphis. Now I understand what she meant by Labor. Will have about 1400 LM after tomorrow drop.

:popcorn: Lol....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
This is the first year in my American career I've been home for both July and Labour Day weekends....:)
Next month I'll be in Alberta again with my 2 sons, my grandson and their spouses...for Canada Thanksgiving.

Man: I lost my wife.

Inspector: What is her height?
Man: I never noticed.

Inspector: Slim or healthy?
Man: Not slim, can be healthy

Inspector: Colour of the eyes?
Man: Never noticed

Inspector: Colour of hair?
Man: Changes according to season.

Inspector: What was she wearing?
Man: I don't remember exactly.

Inspector: Was somebody with her???
Man: Yes, my Labrador dog, Romeo, tied with a golden chain, height 30 inches, healthy, brown eyes, blackish brown hair, his left foot thumb nail is slightly broken, wearing a golden belt studded with blue balls, he likes non-veg. food, we eat together, we jog together... And the man started crying....

Inspector: Let's search for the dog first!!!

Last edited:

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Still having problems with mortgage paperwork from our buyer. Just delayed a third time. All our stuff was loaded in a Uhaul 10 days ago. Finally got permission to store our stuff in the garage of the house we are buying so drove from WV to NJ yesterday. Kids med me this morning to unload, opened the back........toast, something caught fire and everything we had is destroyed. Inside of the truck not too bad. Time to start over

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Still having problems with mortgage paperwork from our buyer. Just delayed a third time. All our stuff was loaded in a Uhaul 10 days ago. Finally got permission to store our stuff in the garage of the house we are buying so drove from WV to NJ yesterday. Kids med me this morning to unload, opened the back........toast, something caught fire and everything we had is destroyed. Inside of the truck not too bad. Time to start over

I'm so sorry brother. Hopefully your insurance will cover that.

Status
Not open for further replies.