Bad truck or bad driver?

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Get one of the progressive safe driver double check things and put it on the vehicle...supposed to monitor driving habits, otherwise talk to mechanic and ask for all parts to be returned when replaced after doing the metal marking...or for me, I would get rid of the guy if he wasn't making you money esp not earning enough to offset the repairs.

2centz

Rookie Expediter
Never thought of the progressive thing. Not a bad idea. I say go w/ ur instinct. I think they already know the answer. Remember, ur a fleet owner, nice guys go out of business. Sucks, but true.

2centz

Rookie Expediter
My owner used to be like that. He's starting to wise up. Wouldn't work for another owner. Been w/ him 8+ yrs. He's the only reason I'm still w/ the company I currently run for.

2centz

Rookie Expediter
He's seen firsthand how hard it is to get quality drivers. Some companies r starting to c that also. Not a lot, but some.

2centz

Rookie Expediter
The company w/ the most quality drivers r going to survive. They don't seem to understand that. They would rather churn & burn drivers. Panther was doing that, according to boss. Now, they are trying to rebuild their reputation w/ the drivers. FedEx will b next.

Reactions: C&M Transport