Square One Transport

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I know nothing about the company but I do like their motto. "Get it there or be square."

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
One of my drivers drove for them recently and he says that they're pretty decent. I do know a huge consideration is that they require you to buy your own insurance which can be up to $10,000 a year!

BiggMaNN59

Active Expediter
I already have 1,000,000 liability plus full coverage and pay about 4,000.00/ yr and I talked to recruiter he said that was good. I am going to get set up with them Monday with paperwork and get working asap. He said pay is 80% of load but not sure of what % it is from. Always been paid cpm.

Reactions: alex1967

BiggMaNN59

Active Expediter
Progressive from a independent agent. My premium went down on my new Promaster compared to my 2011chevy 3500 extended that I traded in on it.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Been with Square One about six weeks. So far, not bad at all. Rollin' good this week.

They had me change agencies to CIS because they're on the VOI deal with TEANA. Got my renewal premium last week: $5500 vs $6200 when I dealt directly with Progressive. Made me a happy camper :)

Chrisj9880

New Recruit
Just interviewed with Square One in Lansing Today! Very nice guys made a good impression. I have zero experience, however they would like me to work for them in a couple weeks when their new vans are delivered and outfitted. Any advice? I am really excited to get into the industry but am nervous I may miss something major that I need to know or ask about. Thanks

Last edited:

Pro3500

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Any up dates on Square one? Holding back 2 weeks and no advance pay on loads ever has me worried.

Moe8203

New Recruit
hey Pro3500 I do not understand what you are saying? so you have been on 2 weeks and have not gotten paid? is that what you are saying? I have an interview there and they said I would be out for 3 weeks at a time but I figured i would get paid weekly??

Pro3500

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
hey Pro3500 I do not understand what you are saying? so you have been on 2 weeks and have not gotten paid? is that what you are saying? I have an interview there and they said I would be out for 3 weeks at a time but I figured i would get paid weekly??
I called too lease on my truck the guy said they hold back 2 weeks on the settlements. They don't do advances on the runs at all. Makes me nervous when they hold money and don't give advances on runs. Don't take long and they could owe a lot of money. I like what I hear about them just wondering about getting paid if I lease on.

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
I called too lease on my truck the guy said they hold back 2 weeks on the settlements. They don't do advances on the runs at all. Makes me nervous when they hold money and don't give advances on runs. Don't take long and they could owe a lot of money. I like what I hear about them just wondering about getting paid if I lease on.

It is not unusual. Almost every company pays you after 2 weeks.

Pro3500

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I talked with one O/O on the road he said he liked the company. Stays busy.

Moe8203

New Recruit
Yea I am wondering I am not leasing on with them I am hiring on as a driver of there equipment.!! so it will not be the same with me. just wondering if any employees like it and how they are?? guess time will tell. I am not sure if I will like being out 3 to 4 weeks at a time but then again I am single so it might be good??

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Real, live Square One o/o here.

Pay is done one of two ways:

1. Regular pay: 80% of linehaul. BOLs submitted by Wednesday at 0900 eastern are paid the 2nd Friday afterwards (eg, submit today 5/6, payday is 5/15). BOLs submitted after 0900 Wed, up to 0900 Monday, are paid the 2nd Wednesday afterwards (eg, submit Mon 5/11, payday is 5/20). In other words, nine days after the cutoff day.

2. "Quick Pay": 76% of linehaul. Paid as above, but two days after cutoff day (eg, submit today, be paid this Friday). You lose 5% of your pay (4% of the linehaul) to be paid faster. I'm on Quick Pay right now until I get my nest egg built back up.

Example: linehaul $1000
Regular Pay $800
Quick Pay $760

I've been paid on time, proper amount 100% :)

I like 'em :cool:

Reactions: xiggi and ntimevan

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
There are a few mathematicians in here that are real good at figuring what your actual take home is.....stand by..

alex1967

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I already have 1,000,000 liability plus full coverage and pay about 4,000.00/ yr and I talked to recruiter he said that was good. I am going to get set up with them Monday with paperwork and get working asap. He said pay is 80% of load but not sure of what % it is from. Always been paid cpm.
they just called me back. after i filled out online app. did you go work with them? if so how was it.