Baltimore Rioting, Looting OK According to Mayor

paullud

Veteran Expediter
It might be that the cops dropped a knee on his back while they were arresting him which is pretty common when they take a suspect to the ground. I guess we need to see if he had a medical condition, the cops got too rough, or a combination. I haven't looked into it much but the video I saw it appears as though he was injured before being put in the van but it seems like they are saying that he was fine. Lots of questions but not many answers.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Another Furgie,,,,,nothing to see here, just fire, upset unemployed folks, it will blow over, always does...now who is our next contestant.

witness23

Veteran Expediter
Just saw a couple of flashes on TV, politics aside, where are all these kids parents?

Were you watching FoxNews? Because I was and all the morons on that station were asking the same question. What I continually find laughable is that the only person on that network with a modicum of self respect is the only one who actually reports and delivers the news and isn't an opinion personality. I'll let Shep answer your, "where are the parents" question.

http://mediamatters.org/video/2015/04/27/shep-smith-rebukes-fox-hosts-insistence-on-blam/203440

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It might be that the cops dropped a knee on his back while they were arresting him which is pretty common when they take a suspect to the ground. I guess we need to see if he had a medical condition, the cops got too rough, or a combination. I haven't looked into it much but the video I saw it appears as though he was injured before being put in the van but it seems like they are saying that he was fine. Lots of questions but not many answers.
It's possible that an officer while handcuffing and subduing him on the ground, kneeled too hard on his neck. Mr Gray was only 145 pounds, so he was relatively small and kneeling on him could have did damage to his spine. Or he could have been injured because he wasn't seat belted in the van. Injured on transport. There were no other injuries other than the damaged spine and larynx. He was asthmatic, but it apparently didn't play a role in his death.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Were you watching FoxNews? Because I was and all the morons on that station were asking the same question. What I continually find laughable is that the only person on that network with a modicum of self respect is the only one who actually reports and delivers the news and isn't an opinion personality. I'll let Shep answer your, "where are the parents" question.

http://mediamatters.org/video/2015/04/27/shep-smith-rebukes-fox-hosts-insistence-on-blam/203440
Shep Smith gives his opinions quite often, so what is your point?

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
lol......wtf? If you were to watch the video you possibly might get my point. Its funny you would comment without first watching the video. lol
I watched some of his coverage last night and have observed him previously. Just commenting on the fact that he does have opinions and interjects them when he gives the news.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

What's this? The police commissioner wondering the same thing about the parents.
What's this? Another person from Fox News commending the mother who decided to take action.

A WMAR camera crew filming the Baltimore riots last night caught a mother disciplining her son, whom, according to witnesses, she caught throwing rocks at cops.

Police Commissioner Anthony Watts praised her and called for more parents to restrain their kids who may be involved in the riots.

“If you saw on one scene, you had one mother who grabbed her child who had a hood on his head and she started smacking him on the head because she was so embarrassed,” he said. “I wish I had more parents that took charge of their kids out there tonight.”

Because he weighs in on stuff like this, Fox Business hostCharles Payne weighed in, calling her “mom of the year”:

Watch the clip below, via WMAR:

[Image via screengrab]

witness23

Veteran Expediter
Yes, she should be praised and the Police Commissioner is correct in letting the community at large know about her actions with her son. What's your point?

Did you know the link you gave on Charles Payne was about his fake picture he "tweeted", photo shopped KFC logo and all back in January?

Screen-Shot-2015-01-06-at-10.04.31-AM-e1420558080419.png

You just proved my point about FoxNews opinion people, thank you.

The "other person" from FoxNews commenting on the mother was from a local affiliate in Cleveland, not FoxNews, lmao.

If you would watch my video of Shepard Smith then we could have a coherent conversation.

witness23

Veteran Expediter
I got an idea, Mr. Murdoch should send the "dynamic douchebag duo" in Bolling and Gutfeld to Baltimore to find the parents, civil rights leaders, religious leaders and those from the community that are speaking out about the riots.

Because they are out there, you just have to make the decision to report on them.

Reactions: cheri1122

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes, she should be praised and the Police Commissioner is correct in letting the community at large know about her actions with her son. What's your point?

Did you know the link you gave on Charles Payne was about his fake picture he "tweeted", photo shopped KFC logo and all back in January?

Screen-Shot-2015-01-06-at-10.04.31-AM-e1420558080419.png

You just proved my point about FoxNews opinion people, thank you.

The "other person" from FoxNews commenting on the mother was from a local affiliate in Cleveland, not FoxNews, lmao.

If you would watch my video of Shepard Smith then we could have a coherent conversation.
Yes I'm aware he tweeted a photo that he didn't know had a photo shopped picture in the picture. And he also let his audience know in the accompanying video of the mistake. You obviously want to focus on that instead of his tweet commending the mother for her action. Charles Payne works for Fox. He appears on a Fox Business and also Fox News.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I got an idea, Mr. Murdoch should send the "dynamic douchebag duo" in Bolling and Gutfeld to Baltimore to find the parents, civil rights leaders, religious leaders and those from the community that are speaking out about the riots.

Because they are out there, you just have to make the decision to report on them.
Must be a right wing coverup.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My point about the Baltimore Police Commissioner's comments are they echo the sentiments of those on Fox News which are being criticized.
His comment as follows:
"I wish I had more parents that took charge of their kids out there tonight.”

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Didn't have Fox on at that time. The question was being asked by reporters at WMC news in Memphis. They have been having flash mobs recently at several stores in the inner city. They were comparing these kids to the riots in Baltimore.