The Trump Card...

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I just ran across this article by E. Jean Carroll, and I can't believe I read the whole thing. However, after getting a look inside her head I know a whole lot more about her now and what she may have told the NY jury in some form. For those who might want to read this on a computer, make sure your kids or grandkids aren't looking over your shoulder - Rated R.

Reactions: muttly

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Do you see me cursing? Read my posts. I'm agreeing with Carroll that this is a good thing for her. It takes Trump out of the game when he loses his appeal. Carroll will receive the judgement award not from Trump but from the bonding company that guaranteed she will quickly get the full amount when Trump loses on appeal, as he lost in the lower court.
Many Trump haters didn't think he'd make bond, that no bank or insurance company would do business with him. Some were even crowing along with Carroll about seizing his assets. Guess that didn't work out as planned. Wonder if EJC has taken out any lines of credit on the prospects of winning this appeal? If so, she'd better hope this case doesn't get into an unbiased court.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Many Trump haters didn't think he'd make bond, that no bank or insurance company would do business with him. Some were even crowing along with Carroll about seizing his assets. Guess that didn't work out as planned. Wonder if EJC has taken out any lines of credit on the prospects of winning this appeal? If so, she'd better hope this case doesn't get into an unbiased court.
The actual phrase is "that didn't work out as hoped." I would have enjoyed seeing the so-called Trump empire degrade or fully collapse under the weakness of the financial house of cards I believe it is. And we may still see it in the upcoming and much larger bond challenge Trump faces. And yes, I thoroughly enjoyed entertaining the notion of Trump's plane or a Trump building being seized by the sheriff. I still do as the bigger bond challenge approaches.

But in the Carroll case, that will not happen. In this case, I'm now enjoying the fact that Carroll is much closer to getting the $91 million (including interest) the jury awarded her. In this case, defendant Trump is totally on the defensive. He already lost in the lower court. In federal court civil cases, the success rate on appeal is less than 10%. And we know Trump has a weak case and weak grounds for appeal. When he loses, he will be powerless to stop Carroll from getting the money, and he will be obligated to repay the bonding company the $91 million they promptly paid the plaintiff. Also, Trump has already said goodbye to whatever money he paid for the up-front bonding fee.

Appellate courts sometimes reduce the judgement amounts awarded in the lower courts. That may happen, but if it did, Trump would still pay out a large sum, and he would still be deemed liable for defamation.

Trump will almost certainly use every delay tactic he can come up with to delay the appeals process. But as we have seen in his many other cases, those tactics do not alter the final outcome. In the end, Carroll will get her money and Trump will pay it.

Trump is not disclosing how he secured the bond. We do not know where the money came from. We do not know what co-signers, if any were involved. We do know Trump is bought. And I fear he has now worked himself into a situation where he can acquire all the corrupt money he wants to from those who hope to profit from his actions as a candidate and future president. It's called influence pedaling. For a public official or public official wannabe, that is the epitome of corruption.

Last edited:
Reactions: RLENT and Ragman

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Trump will almost certainly use every delay tactic he can come up with to delay the appeals process.
As is his legal right.
Trump is not disclosing how he secured the bond. We do not know where the money came from. We do not know what co-signers, if any were involved.
But it's highly likely the court does, since it approved the bond and all it's conditions. Just a side thought: was EJC required to disclose all her financial and political supporters who gave her money and other means of support in bringing this civil action? The NY legislature passed a special law to extend the statute of limitations to allow her action to go forward. Is she in cahoots with the Democrat party in an effort to interfere with his election campaign? Was she bought?
We know no such thing. Speculation from Steve Bannon could hardly be called reliable sourcing.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: RLENT and RoadTime

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I just ran across this article dated 26Jan2024 by E. Jean Carroll, and I can't believe I read the whole thing. However, after getting a look inside her head I know a whole lot more about her now and what she may have told the NY jury in some form. For those who might want to read this on a computer, make sure your kids or grandkids aren't looking over your shoulder - Rated R.

More tidbits of perversion from EJC. As with the above article, readers can draw their own conclusions.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Rights are important in a “democracy”.
Including the right to a speedy trial. The NY courts are wise to Trump's games. His rightful requests will be respected. His illegitimate delay tactics will be thwarted. He's not going up against Carroll in open court any more. He's making an appeal where his options are limited and the judges are not distracted by nonsense.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I just ran across this article by E. Jean Carroll, and I can't believe I read the whole thing. However, after getting a look inside her head I know a whole lot more about her now and what she may have told the NY jury in some form. For those who might want to read this on a computer, make sure your kids or grandkids aren't looking over your shoulder - Rated R.

The “author” has a lot of stories.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Including the right to a speedy trial. The NY courts are wise to Trump's games. His rightful requests will be respected. His illegitimate delay tactics will be thwarted. He's not going up against Carroll in open court any more. He's making an appeal where his options are limited and the judges are not distracted by nonsense.
The right to a speedy trial belongs to the defendant.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
The right to a speedy trial belongs to the defendant.
As I read more about this, I find you are correct ... in criminal trials, the right to a speedy trial belongs to the defendant.

But that does not give the defendant the right to delay a criminal trial, or thwart the interests of justice, with bad-faith tactics and intent. The right to a speedy trial means the defendant can petition to have the charges dropped if the prosecutors do not move with reasonable speed toward trial. If the prosecutors delay, the defendant can exercise his right to a speedy trial.

It's different in civil trials where there is no right to a speedy trial enjoyed by any party. So, in Trump's civil appeal of the Carroll verdict, the court rules and the court itself will determine the pace.

Trump will try to string this out as long as he can, and he'll be able to do that to the extent the Court allows. But as I said, the NY courts are wise to Trump's bad-faith delay tactics, and I do not expect him to be happy with many of the decisions the appeals court makes along the way to him running out of options and Carroll getting paid.

With the bond now approved and the case officially appealed, Carroll is on easy street. Her winning arguments have already been made in the lower court. For the appeal to be successful, Trump must find reversible error by the judge in the lower court trial. He'll likely cry like a stuck pig about all kinds of errors, but in court, where legal merit is required in arguments, his cries will be of no avail.

Carroll's attorneys will shoot down Trump's claims. The judges will agree. Carroll will get paid.

Last edited:
Reactions: RLENT

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
In recapping the civil proceeding: NY changed the law which allowed EG Carroll to bypass the statute of limitations and file suit for an incident that she alleged happened almost 30 years ago. A Clinton appointed judge has the case. The civil trial is in a heavily Democratic voting area that dislikes Trump. Their conclusion was by a preponderance of the evidence (less than 51 percent) she wasn’t raped. But they believed “ something” happened. The Clinton judge instructs the jury the “something” that would constitute sexual abuse can be a “ kiss on the cheek”. The jury finds Trump liable for this and is ordered to pay 83 million dollars. The Clinton judge says the ruling of sexual abuse( that could be as little as a kiss on the cheek) constitutes the definition of rape.
Yes, the appeal process should be as meticulous as possible, but given it’s NY it eventually may have to be resolved in the Supreme Court.

IMG_5794.jpeg

• Haha

ATeam

Retired Expediter
In recapping the civil proceeding: NY changed the law which allowed EG Carroll to bypass the statute of limitations and file suit for an incident that she alleged happened almost 30 years ago. A Clinton appointed judge has the case. The civil trial is in a heavily Democratic voting area that dislikes Trump. Their conclusion was by a preponderance of the evidence (less than 51 percent) she wasn’t raped. But they believed “ something” happened. The Clinton judge instructs the jury the “something” that would constitute sexual abuse can be a “ kiss on the cheek”. The jury finds Trump liable for this and is ordered to pay 83 million dollars. The Clinton judge says the ruling of sexual abuse( that could be as little as a kiss on the cheek) constitutes the definition of rape.
Yes, the appeal process should be as meticulous as possible, but given it’s NY it eventually may have to be resolved in the Supreme Court.
In other words, Trump lost his case and the lies he told were rejected by the jury. The appeals court will do the same.

In the meantime, the Democrats gain a delightful talking point about Trump being deeply indebted to someone or some group for this bond. Voters should be able to know who a public office candidate's creditors are, but they don't because the money is not coming from sources Trump is willing to disclose. This raises doubt and suspicion, which plays great on campaign ads. It makes Trump a security risk and means he has no business being in any position where he can buy and sell favors.

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
  • Haha

ATeam

Retired Expediter
This will likely go to the Supreme Court.
Trump may try to appeal to the US Supreme Court but that does not mean they will hear it. The Supreme Court typically selects cases that involve significant legal issues, constitutional questions, or conflicts between lower courts. None of that exists in the Carroll case. Trump will certainly argue that issues, questions and conflicts exist but he'll have to convince people more knowledgeable in the law than his Truth Social parrots.

Last edited:
Reactions: RLENT