Demographics

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Wow,,,get ready for a new population shift,,,lots of school overcrowding, and safety issues ,,,
The mainstream media continues to ignore or stifle the importance of the illegal immigration crisis, so the general public won't realize the impact of the millions of invaders until they start showing up in their cities, towns and neighborhoods. The impact these illegals will have on our schools, health services, public housing, and our daily way of life will be disastrous. Imagine the number of Spanish speaking teachers that will have to be added to our school systems to accommodate the kids who can't speak English and are illiterate in their own language. How about those who speak different languages from India or China?

Hopefully TX, FL, AZ and other border states will send these illegals by the trainloads to the sanctuary states and cities in the country who have volunteered to take them in. There are eleven sanctuary states and about 600 total sanctuary jurisdictions in the country. Let them take care of Biden's invasion since they voted for him and put out the welcome mat for these invaders.

Reactions: danthewolf00

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Speaking of Demographics, let's take a moment to consider the balkanizing effect Biden's open border policy will have on our Union if it's allowed to continue as is for the next two years. What will happen to smaller states like Rhode Island or Vermont - or even CA - and especially our Nation's Capitol if they're overwhelmed by the illegal immigrants they've welcomed? Will there still be "One Nation under God, indivisible..." when we have so many different languages and conflicting cultures?

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
If you watch the construction in your town or other towns, its the Latinos who are building your homes and apartment complexes. If you watch traffic lights go up, its usually caucasians . Not many of color do HVAC or plumbing from what I see in my town. In the trade school here in Chattanooga there are few people of color there. In the moviing business across the country the lumpers are usually latino.. By the way lumpers are paid 200 bucks a day to load or unloade funiture,,how do I know, my son was in the moving business , its an 8 hour day,,just saying,,,my son drove the truck and paid the crews....not bad money....if u want to be a lumper, u will not be broke, but your back may be,,,lol

In our neighbohood lately, 3 townhomes needed roofing,,10 latinos showed up,,,they were done by 6pm,,,just saying.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Two questions come to mind:
1. How many low skilled laborers can the country absorb, especially if we have a recession?
2. How much of the wages paid to said laborers will go back to Central America?

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
1. How many low skilled laborers can the country absorb, especially if we have a recession?
If a recession does happen very few actually, and depending on where they live, the cost of living might be so high that there is nothing left to send back.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
If your immigrant, so u get free food, a social seurity check,a place to sleep,free medical. a job at Dollar General, a line of credit for a new home, and free college, and a new car, and and and....

ATeam

Retired Expediter
While I'm not as outspoken on this issue as I am on some others, the state of our southern border troubles me. A border should mean something and it is befuddling to me how so many thousands can be allowed to enter the US without authorization. I'm not big on a wall but a road would be nice; one that parallels the border and can be easily watched and patrolled with sensors, drones, electric fences, concertina wire, and other such things installed with tie idea of being actually effective. If necessary add the National Guard and give them and the border patrol the authority to use lethal force to maintain the integrity of our border.

We've seen how the border flow changes with policy changes. A more stringent policy would solve the illegal immigrant problem. I all for allowing legal immigrants in. I'm all for granting asylum for those who need it. But it is insane to let thousands, even millions pass through with little or no oversight and protection. A secure border will put the traffickers out of business. A secure border will solve a lot of problems.

Americans who want to offer asylum to those in need can do so by supporting reception centers at the US embassies in Central and South American countries. Instead of forcing desperate people to walk hundreds of miles in dangerous conditions to seek US asylum, save them the trip and let them apply at our embassies. Better to let them line up there by the thousands than at our border where our agents are overrun.

This has been going on for years. I do not understand why millions have been allowed to flow through under numerous administrations; Republican and Democratic alike.

Again, a border should mean something. And without enforcement, it means nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: skyraider

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I once had a summer job working for a railroad, pounding spikes, repairing track, etc. On our crew was a man from Mexico who spoke little English, but, oh, how he could work. The man worked harder than all of us and that was his second full-time job after the factory job he also held. People who knew him said most of the money he makes is sent back to his family in Mexico.

I admired and felt bad for the man at the same time. He was an awesome worker. He was fiercely loyal to his family, making great sacrifices for their benefit. And he was alone, far from the family he clearly cared deeply about.

In our Florida community, I occasionally met up with people from Mexico, who I assume are illegal immigrants. They too work hard and often share living space to save money on rent. And they too send money to their families back home. Our local police officers, who are members of our gym, know all about these clusters. Like everyone else, they look the other way or let it go as someone else's job or problem to deal with.

These people are not here for evil purposes, but I'd feel a lot better about them and for them if they were legal and could fully and freely enjoy the rights and protections I take for granted every day.

My railroad friend was legally here and legally employed. Many are not and they are paid cash under the table to work. Making them legal would subject their income to taxes and bring their economic activity more into the open.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If your immigrant, so u get free food, a social seurity check,a place to sleep,free medical. a job at Dollar General, a line of credit for a new home, and free college, and a new car, and and and....
I dont know where you get your info, but NONE of that happens to people who are here illegally, yes, our laws say that if they show up at a hospital they have to be helped, but they get NO benefits and anyone who tells you that is lying.

And as for jobs, there are plenty of greedy businesses that will take advantage of them by paying them less than minimum wage and terrible working conditions, we need to punish those people.

• Haha

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I dont know where you get your info, but NONE of that happens to people who are here illegally, yes, our laws say that if they show up at a hospital they have to be helped, but they get NO benefits and anyone who tells you that is lying.

And as for jobs, there are plenty of greedy businesses that will take advantage of them by paying them less than minimum wage and terrible working conditions, we need to punish those people.
The only way to successfully punish the “greedy businesses” is to stop providing them with an unlimited amount of cheap laborers.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The only way to successfully punish the “greedy businesses” is to stop providing them with an unlimited amount of cheap laborers.
I have said this before but if you fine them 10k per day per person they will think twice about hiring an illegal.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If your immigrant, so u get free food,
Says who?
a social seurity check
No
,a place to sleep,free medical

. a job at Dollar General,
No
a line of credit for a new home,
No
and free college,
No
and a new car, and and and....
No, and and

Come on sky! I never took you to be one of the #hatemongers.