The Trump Card...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Same thing on CNN and dealing with Trump. Yesterday Trump said we need to profile immigrants in the way Israel does. CNN's edit changed it to racial profiling. Mentioned it numerous times and Trump didn't say anything about racial profiling.
Yeah, I caught Trump's comments live when he made them, and then later heard the CNN reporting of it and I was like, "Huh? What? Did they hear the same thing I heard? How does 'if someone looks suspicious then you profile them' become 'racial profiling'?" They showed on the screen where Trump said, in quotes, "racial profiling." That's not a misquote or manipulating quotes, that's straight-up making up stuff and claiming that he said it.

On a side note, I've also noticed that CNN thinks "Muslim" is a race of people and not an adherent of a religion. So that's funny.

On a completely unrelated side note, man, oh, man is this a good read...

Deplorable Elites

"Mrs. Clinton regretted that she had so described half of his supporters: her retraction was on her arithmetic, not her characterization of tens of millions of Americans."

"There was something in the “deplorables” comment that went beyond the familiar hauteur of left and right and profoundly rankled. What Mrs. Clinton was deploring was the ingratitude to the ruling elite of these bumptious unwashed, the updated dismissal of the gun-toting, churchgoing (Republican) rabble that so irritated Obama eight years ago. This wasn’t just good-natured criticism of the wrongheaded supporters of an opponent, or FDR’s cunning assault on nonexistent culprits as “money-changers,” “economic royalists,” “warmongers.” etc. This was Empress Hillary emptying the contents of her chamber pot out the palace window onto the heads of those described in the phrase “We the people.” The entire complacent incumbent Washington leadership are inviting the same people to give them a bloodless trip to the electoral guillotine. More-unexpected events have overtaken office-holders and office-seekers less deserving of such a fate."

Reactions: davekc

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

You know, it's very disappointing that we haven't seen a really awesome "Weekend at Bernie's" meme out of this stumbling episode.

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
Same thing on CNN and dealing with Trump. Yesterday Trump said we need to profile immigrants in the way Israel does. CNN's edit changed it to racial profiling. Mentioned it numerous times and Trump didn't say anything about racial profiling.

Yes he did, several times actually.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yes he did, several times actually.

Can you provide just one link where Trump said we, the authorities, or anyone else, should engage in "racial profiling"? Not a link to where someone else said that's what Trump said, or to where someone interpreted his words and characterized them to mean "racial profiling," but a link to where Trump was actually quoted saying "racial profiling."

That's a rhetorical question, because you won't be able to do that. He's never said it. Not several times. Not even once. People want him to have said it. They oh, so badly want him to have said it. And a lot of people believe he said it. But he's never said it.

That doesn't mean that "common sense profiling" doesn't, in effect, mean to profile Muslims and people entering the country from Arab Islamic countries. That's precisely what it means. Common sense profiling. There's no need to suspect, stop and search a 7 year old blue-eyed blond girl or a 93 year old grandmother from Japan to thwart a terrorist attack. But that's what political correctness says you have to do. You have to pretend everyone poses the same calculated risk as everyone else in Political Correctness World. But as Israel terrorist experts and law enforcement notes, "It would be foolish not to use profiling when everyone knows that most terrorists come from certain ethnic groups. Terrorists are overwhelmingly most likely to be young (16-30), male, and Muslim, and the potential threat justifies inconveniencing a certain ethnic group."

The US has a national security problem with terrorists, and we need to focus our efforts (profile) on the very people who are the most likely to commit terrorist acts. An intelligent argument cannot be made against such a focus. If bald Chinese women over 30 years of age were the ones carrying out terrorist bombings and shootings, then we should be focused on (profiling) bald Chinese women over 30 years of age and not blacks, whites, Hispanics, Muslims or anyone else. That's common sense profiling. If Muslims are the ones carrying out terrorist acts, then we need to focus on the most likely perpetrators of the problem, on Muslims, and not on anyone else.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
She's just so darn honest, bless her heart.

Attachments

• 1474450172910.jpg
    1474450172910.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 20

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
A well done political cartoon is a display of high skill and high art.

Found one that's semi-OK on the Weekend at Bernie's meme...

image.jpg

Reactions: RoadTime and Moot

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

This is the best one I've seen thus far. It's kinda mean, so I feel bad every time I laugh.

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
First off I never said I have an issue with trump saying we should profile. Encase anyone thinks that's what I was thinking. We need to profile to a certain degree when we keep getting attacked by "radical" Muslims. What choice are we left? I just corrected him when he said trump didn't say it. In this video trump clearly suggested (says) that we need to profile just like they do in Israel. And he's correct. I took a screen shot of the video because I can't remember how to put the link on EO....sorry.

Attachments

• 1474459428044.jpg
    1474459428044.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 16

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
It's a dumb argument anyways. It doesn't matter if trump and or Hillary says we need to or not to profile because we already do. We have for a long time and until "they" stop blowing "sh.t" up I'm sure we will continue to profile. So it don't really matter what some candidate feels about it because our military and agencies aren't going to stop profiling because a candidate suggest otherwise.

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
Besides, brad and Angelina are getting divorced so why the hell are we wasting time talking about the election? Get your priorities straight people. Smh