Status
Not open for further replies.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Consider youre self lucky that I have a great sense of humor..lol

What are friends for if ya can't abuse each other and laugh it off....:D

Goal of a B!tch

To Dominate, Control and Destroy a mans Finances, mental health and self esteem and any hope for happiness.... ;)

Last edited:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Yea i thought the U2 and the Youtube stuff lacked a bit of professionalism myself...I mean other then sucking up bandwidth...what doe it accompish...i have opened a single one of them....:rolleyes:

And from my point of view, it certainly isn't a good way to promote a business.....:rolleyes:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The barrage of YouTube clips, [like the jerks who insist you 'enjoy' their tastes in music] obscure 'inside jokes', relentless self promotion, refusal to respond to honest questions, and mention of such charges as 'administrative', left a very bad taste in my mind, too. Quite different from Load 1, where questions are answered with honesty & class, IMO.
Enough already.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Same place I got the BS detector, and the IRT decoder ring [none of which are flawless, though]: someplace online, but I didn't get the memory enhancer, so I forget. :D

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
brycey2010 wrote

I would like to add to that if you dont mind, after having completed my first day in orientation.

to add too and clarify your calculations,
$900 escrow deducted $60 a week
$50 a week for administrative charges total $200
$35 a week insurance (workmans comp)
$20 a week insurance non trucking liability
cash advance costing $25 per advance
here is the kicker, 3 weeks till 1st pay check!!
so you pay out around $165 a week, add gas for 3 weeks @ 2000 miles a week = $400 a week, plus other expenses

by the time you get your 1st paycheck you have already laid out more than $2000, i know in time you will make it up and as long as the miles are there, however how many people can wait that long and survive? why should anyone wait 3 weeks before getting paid with so many outgoings? the reason is, 1. they can get away with it, 2. they do not have the cash flow to pay their drivers any sooner due to them waiting to get paid.

lets look at their their website?

Fuel Card with Discount Program/
comcheck costing $3.50 per transaction for gas engines

Weekly Settlements with Direct Deposit/
after 3 weeks of no pay

No Upfront Cost/
i think i covered that, however there is the $45 drug test fee, no hotel provided for orientation, no pay for orientation, no help with travel to orientation.

Breakdown Assistance/
off course thats not free either

the people, yes friendly and nice people'

in summary, typical orientation, mostly covering the same stuff you get in all orientations in this field of work, my main worry is, our success is based on good miles, you have no idea how much this will be until you get out and do it, if you dont have enough money saved up in advance then you may well not last the first month, what could help this? an upfront letter explaining all this before you go to orientation, 1st paycheck after 2nd week.

should i be writing this after my 1st day of orientation, sure i should, there are allot of people who can not afford to start this job, they need to know before they spend their hard earned money getting here, and for the people who can afford to start this job, it may or may not be a good business, its all down to getting enough miles to cover the costs and running your business efficiently, could i loose this work opportunity, maybe, am i gonna give it a go? not sure, it doesn't feel right, right now.

To be fair, this is the 1st company i have been to orientation with in expediting since 2001, maybe this is all normal across the board?

and lastly

Guido should get a referral, as he is the only driver working for them i have seen comment for them on here.

===========================================
I guess that explains the Utube links

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Welcome to our world.

the administration fee is for what?

Was there a breakdown?

Breakdown Assistance?

You expect them to do this for free?

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
In the grand scheme of things, those are not substantial ammounts of funds. Seems to me they are pretty normal "start up" costs for any business. In fact, many business you start, the payback is waaayyyy further out than three weeks. If people would start in this business before they "have" to, insteda setting on the beach till the unemployment ran out. Regardless of all things, contractors seem to wanna be paid FIRST, regardless if ANYONE ELSE has been, or is getting paid. It's just the samo, samo emlpoyee mentality that has been a norm for way too long now.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
My opinion on that would be more reflective on what rates or percentage the carrier pay.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
That really has nothing to do with my argument as long as rates are standard 60-70%. You have been a Contractor for quite a while now. But, if you want a taste of the real world, reinstate your Authority, sign on a few of these yoho's and start a Company thread of your own.
That action would allow you the opportunity to pay the best, keep em moving the most, deduct less, yada, yada.

And collect all the warm fuzzys.

Last edited:

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
''$50 a week for administrative charges total $200
$35 a week insurance (workmans comp)'

What is '' administrative charges''?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.