davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
That would be a good question Dave. Now you know that ROI doesn't exist.:D

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Have to ask D Team Brothers. They're the only one's I know of with one. I believe they were the 'test' unit, I don't know if others have been put on yet or not.

Dale

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Glad to see that Fedex has done that to get more refer medical loads. I hope they did it with a Sprinter. Did you get a picture of it Dave?

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Just look at D Team Brothers Avitar and you will see a picture of the Sprinter.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Glad to see that Fedex has done that to get more refer medical loads. I hope they did it with a Sprinter. Did you get a picture of it Dave?

Actually Bruno...A lot of food prepration companys...ship samples to potential chefs for convention menu items and new products go around the country to testing facilities...it's just an untapped source of business for the Cargo van...I did it with my last carrier when in Canada
for Canada Packers/Kraft Foods.....Swifts ..

D Team Brothers

Expert Expediter
Hope this helps. We're still in a test mode, but things are going well. The difference between being in a "D" unit and the Sprinter makes it all worth it.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
Actually Bruno...A lot of food prepration companys...ship samples to potential chefs for convention menu items and new products go around the country to testing facilities...it's just an untapped source of business for the Cargo van.....

WELL THEN!! We won't need to be hearing any more about expediters goin hungry!! :D

D Team Brothers

Expert Expediter
We are all aware that we are "INDEPENDENT" contractors and NO one is forced to accept an $.85 cpm contract. Each of us needs to decide what is best for them and then act on it. What I or anyone else accept for pay for a load, or cpm is their business.

LINDANDAVE; it was a pleasure to meet both of you and hopefully we'll have more time next time. JMO Jack

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We are all aware that we are "INDEPENDENT" contractors and NO one is forced to accept an $.85 cpm contract. Each of us needs to decide what is best for them and then act on it. What I or anyone else accept for pay for a load, or cpm is their business.

LINDANDAVE; it was a pleasure to meet both of you and hopefully we'll have more time next time. JMO Jack

Hey Jack,
We enjoyed the brief conversation as well. Hopefully next time we can spend a little more time as I would like to check out your BR a little closer. Just dont dont have the cooler set to -40 when I get in.
Coffee is on me next time.
Enjoy the ride.

Dave

hdxpedx

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner

FLYING the same COLORS and offered a "different" deal is CHOICE!! Others had the BAR LOWERED, without choice..

FIS53

Veteran Expediter
Not sure how much of that food would be good for a microwave or the old manifold cooking methods.
Rob

D Team Brothers

Expert Expediter
Every FECC unit is an INDEPENDENT operator, and as such we all have the “CHOICE”. We can accept the new contract, not accept the new contract, or find a new company that fits “OUR” choice. When FECC decided to change everyone’s contract and only give a % of the FSC – some INDEPENDENT contractors did not accept the new contract and still get full FSC pass-through? Others went with other companies, but most of us decided to accept the new contract and are still living with it. CHOICE! If anyone is unhappy with the new van contract, make a decision and move on. JMO Jack

Reactions: 1 person

fastrod

Expert Expediter
Yea and the employee working down the street at the ball bearing factory that just learned his wages are being cut by $2.00 an hour has a CHOICE too. Just like you he has the CHOICE to accept the pay cut or move on. Not much difference between your dependent operator status and his employee status.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
FCC is a business partner not an employer when you are no longer happy with your business partner it is time to sever the relationship and move on to a new business partner.

If you were the owner of a business that sold goods and you had to raise your price to support your product your customers then have the choice to continue doing business with you are going to another store who they hope will have a better price.

Is there a company out there with a better pay per mile and how many miles do they get? You are being given plenty of time to do research and see what is going to be in your best interest. How often does a store owner give you time before the price just all the sudden raises? Use your time wisely and start researching your options fighting the invertible is a waste of time and effort.

fastrod

Expert Expediter
It does not matter what you call yourself, like an employee you still only have two choices. You can accept the pay cut or go to another carrier. There is a third choice, you can get your own authority and become a carrier yourself.

D Team Brothers

Expert Expediter
Thank you fastrod for pointing out another option for everyone to consider. I'm sure there are others. Let's hear some of them, they should benefit everyone.

hdxpedx

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Dear fecc recruiter, does FUTURE BR UNITS stay at % or FORCED to sign .85 cpm!! TALK ABOUT blowing off a question!! GO WHERE? LEAVE WHO?? INDEPENDENT WHAT?