Zero Tolerance...

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I guess it isn't "zero tolerance", because they were warned once...so maybe just "intolerance" to kids being kids....and them not being PC....

These kids will never amount to anything productive...their "obscene" behavior and "gesture" are proof of that...so the system might as well start punishing them now....:rolleyes:

'Cutting the cheese' cuts bus rides for Canal Winchester students

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 03:06 AM
By Randy Ludlow
'Cutting the cheese' cuts bus rides for Canal Winchester students | The Columbus Dispatch

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

Two Canal Winchester Middle School students were booted off the school bus last week for, well, passing gas.

James Nichols and Kristine Kuzora are upset that their son's flatulence was designated as an obscene gesture by school officials.

Their 13-year-old son and another boy were on the school bus Thursday when they both experienced an emission. Children being children, the flatulence apparently caused a ruckus on the bus amid a flurry of laughs, jeers and lowering of windows, Nichols said.

Canal Winchester Middle School officials cited the boys for making an obscene gesture in violation of the student code of conduct in revoking their rides to school Friday.

The bus driver had warned the boys a few weeks ago after another joint gas attack, so they apparently were designated repeat offenders and handed one-day bus suspensions, Nichols said.

Nichols has a sense of humor about the incident but is amazed that his seventh-grader, Anthony, would be kicked off the bus for doing what comes naturally - and accidentally.

"It's very laughable, that's what it is," he said yesterday.

He said the bus driver reported the boys to the vice principal, Daniel Senu-Oke, with whom he discussed the punishment.

"He suggested my son should hold his gas on this hourlong bus ride, if in fact he has gas," said Nichols, whose family lives in Bloom Township in Fairfield County south of Canal Winchester.

"When it happens, it just happens," he said. "It's not intentional."

Calls to the middle school and superintendent's office seeking comment were not returned yesterday.

Anthony's parents also are displeased that school officials made a "real stretch" to find an offense that could be cited to suspend the boys from the bus.

"Obscene gesture?" Nichols asked. "I wouldn't call him an angel, but for passing gas on the bus?"

Nichols said his wife was more upset, given a recent health problem.

"As a sufferer of gastro-intestinal issues who was recently hospitalized for these issues, I take great offense to passing gas being cause for suspension and marked as an obscene gesture,"

Last edited:

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
The "rest of the story" is that this kid had been in trouble several times for disruptive behavior, and this time he and the other kid were making a show of loudly farting. Goofy reason to put in writing, but I think the whole point was he kept disrupting the bus, making a scene..... normal "look at me" loud kid.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
This is just plain silly. As a past school bus driver of middle school students, I know that kids letting out some steam, gas, or what have you, is quite normal. Although the girls don't like it much. The girls have other ways of being noticed though.
Being the mom of 8 kids, I aso know this is normal. Kids should be allowed to be kids. There are much more seriuos things to get upset about as the bus driver. The driver just must not be able to handle the distractions that kids make on the bus.
A more serious problem is what recently happened in Wauseon, OH last week. A bus driver driving bus while intoxicated.

bobwg

Expert Expediter
This is just plain silly. As a past school bus driver of middle school students, I know that kids letting out some steam, gas, or what have you, is quite normal. Although the girls don't like it much. The girls have other ways of being noticed though.
Being the mom of 8 kids, I aso know this is normal. Kids should be allowed to be kids. There are much more seriuos things to get upset about as the bus driver. The driver just must not be able to handle the distractions that kids make on the bus.
A more serious problem is what recently happened in Wauseon, OH last week. A bus driver driving bus while intoxicated.

I see alot of school bus drivers speeding , changing lanes with no signals, etc

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
yea but Laura, they let him resign with no issues because his union rep was ready to fight a firing....he resigned after the PUBLIC went nuts at the "special" school board meeting where his "well being" was threatened by more then a few parents if he got back in the bus to drive their kids ....

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
Yes, he was allowed to resign, and no other consquences at all. I agree with those parents. He should be doing jail time but won't due to not actually being caught by a police officer while he was actually driving.

He put the children in my community at risk. Thi is where I don't agree with unions. If he had caused an accident or killed someone, the school (tax payers) would have been on the hook for a lot of damages.

This really disgust me!