Your world is on fire

witness23

Veteran Expediter
Jesus Christ on a mountain, this man is an utter disgrace. The little girl heard you Creepy Uncle Ted, you didn't have to reiterate it for the 3 year old who obviously thought you were being literal. Like I said in another thread, fear is a powerful tool and you see the likes of Ted Cruz using it every chance they get.

Link: WATCH: Ted Cruz Tells Little Girl 'Your World Is On Fire'

Conservative crowds may eat up Sen. Ted Cruz's (R-TX) fire-and-brimstone political rhetoric, but the senator gave one young girl pause on Sunday when he told her the "world's on fire."

"Millions of Americans are realizing this isn't working," Cruz said to supporters in New Hampshire. "The Obama economy is a disaster. Obamacare is a train wreck and the Obama-Clinton foreign policy of leading from behind -- the whole world's on fire."

"The world is on fire?" a young girl, whom the Washington Post identified as 3-year-old Julie Trant, said to chuckles from the audience.

"The world is on fire, yes. Your world is on fire," Cruz said as he turned to the girl, who was sitting on her mother's lap.

"But you know what? Your mommy's here and everyone's here to make sure the world you grow up in is even better," he added to applause.

Julie's mother, Michelle, later said that her daughter was far from being in tears over the incident. She said Julie was actually thrilled to see the Texas senator, whom she took to calling "Uncle Cruz" after the speech.

"As a huge Ted Cruz supporter, I said to her 'He will be the one that will put that fire out.' So she looked at him like he's a hero," she told Boston radio station WRKO on Monday.

"She really basically was like 'Oh, this is a great man,'" she added. "He's a firefighter in her mind as a 3-year-old."

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Jesus Christ on a mountain, this man is an utter disgrace. The little girl heard you Creepy Uncle Ted, you didn't have to reiterate it for the 3 year old who obviously thought you were being literal. Like I said in another thread, fear is a powerful tool and you see the likes of Ted Cruz using it every chance they get.

Link: WATCH: Ted Cruz Tells Little Girl 'Your World Is On Fire'

Like I've said many times before, we must forgive him for he is from Texas.
:cool:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
People who not only involve kids in politics, but take their words as evidence of wisdom [the tyke's Mom says her darling was "thrilled" to see Cruz - WTF?! Any 3 year old who is thrilled to hear politicians give speeches is some form of alien, ok?] are just brain damaged.
But since the woman also adores Cruz, that was already a given. :rolleyes: