Your prayers please.

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
I have been on a two year layover and haven't been very active on here, but I have been lurking several times a week. Some of you know me and know that my wife is a cancer survivor. She was first diagnosed with breast cancer in 1986 and had a recurrence in 1995. Both times she endured severe treatments and endured more than I believe I could have done. Well, now we are facing another recurrence. The cancer has returned and is in her right sinuses. This is extremely rare and very few doctors are equiped to treat this condition. Yep, we found one but this surgery is going to be a real blinger. It will take from 12 to 16 hours to complete and her recovery time will be months. She will loose her right eye and the surrounding tissue and muscle so she will be disfigured to some extent as well. A glass eye will not be possible so the affected area will be closed up with a flap of skin and tissue. She is not a vain woman but this will be a bit of a streach for her. The surgery and recovery will be at Karmonos Cancer Center in Detroit (156 miles from our home and support network). We don't have a date yet but it should happen in the next two to three weeks.
This is a very scary procedure so we need your prayers for healing and good attitude. She is my best friend of 44 years and we have to get her through this one more time.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Good luck to you both as you go through this challenge.

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
Thanks everyone. Were veterans but this one caught us a little by surprise. Just got to get her through it one more time. She is a tuffy and her attitude is great. We have a date for the surgery now ... Sept. 6, the day after labor day. OVM - for you that would be labour day.
We will be getting away for a long weekend in the UP this weekend. Camping (travel trailer) and kayaking along the Tahquamonon river and at the Soo. That will have to be our vacation for this year. It's our place to go and vedge. Nuttin better eh.

Last edited:

louixo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I hope your wife comes thru with flying colors TJ. Best of luck to you both.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Prayers and hopes for a speedy recovery! and enjoy your vacation and try not to worry. It is one of God's bumps in the road and with hope, faith and love you'll both get though this.