~your prayers please~

Tom Robertson

Veteran Expediter
a very kind, and terrific individual.

"An extra step"
Jan-19-05, 08:01 PM (EST)
Whenever your tempted to give a little less to a task than necessary, do yourself a favor and give a little more than necessary.If you're going to miss the mark, overshoot it rather than undershooting it.Go a little beyond instead of falling a little short.
Take the extra step.Make one more phone call.Write one more page.Greet one more customer.work a few more minutes,run a little faster. add a few more details. Do a great job and then add a little bit to it.That little extra bit at the end will add value to the entire effort. It provides enormous leverage and a great return for the small amount of time involved.The extra effort is tiny. The additional rewards are great.
Bring value to your work and to your life by giving just a little bit extra to every effort.Over time,those extra efforts will add up and pay off. Rather than focusing on how little you can get away with, direct your attention to how much you can accomplish. Take an extra step.Go the extra distance.Build on top of what you've already created and the rest will be magnificant.

Bill Mindas just joined our team last week, and we feel honored to have him. This morning around 11am the van Bill was driving was struck head on by a drunken driver, driving on the wrong side of a four lane road in Louisville. The drunk driver’s speed was estimated at 60 mph. Bill was driving about 35 mph. We are very lucky that he is still with us. The other driver was helicoptered to the hospital and may not live.

My wife just called from the hospital to report that Bill has a cracked sternum, at least one cracked rib, and has been given morphine for pain. Bill was driving one of our E-350 diesel vans. The front right tire is now totally beneath the passengers seat. The other cars entire doghouse is flattened all the way up to the windshield.

The next time that annoying buzzer goes off reminding you to use your seatbelt...heed the warning. According to the officer investigating the accident, the combination of the seat belt and air bag saved Bills life.

Lets all keep Bill in our thoughts and wish him a speedy and total recovery.

chetjester

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Tom just called to tell me about this accident. When he began to tell me what happened, I thought for sure we had lost a member of our family. I'm so thankful Bill is a survivor and my prayers are for his speedy recovery.

Tom treats us all like family at A. Blair. To know that Tom's wife, Gay, is by Bill's side during this crisis is just one more testament to his concern for all of us.

What is so professional is that Tom and Steve responded so well and that the freight has been recovered and the load will be delivered along with Bill being taken care of. Who could ask for a greater team?

I will always be greatful that I am part of this class act.

Twmaster

Expert Expediter
Just a sobering reminder that it is dangerous out there no matter how careful you are.

My heartfelt wishes for a full and speedy recovery go out to Bill, his family and the crew at A. Blair.

--
Mike N

Faster than a speeding poulet.

Owner/Operator Big 'B'
Experienced
10 years auto transport
2 years local/distance expedite
Laurel, MD (Washington DC area)

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
Our prayers are with Bill. Who would ever think you'd find a drunk driver out there 11:00 a.m. on a Sunday morning ? It also amazes me the number of truck drivers that are killed or seriously injured because they didn't use their seat belts . We all have to be alert . No matter how well you can drive you never know what kind of driver you'll encounter .

raceman

Veteran Expediter
I will keep him in my prayers. Give him all my best.

Raceman
Owner Two Straight Truck.
Part time driver of one of my trucks and local TT.
15mon.OTR Expediting
1 yr local Expediting
Line Haul TT 2mon.
OTR Straight Truck Plt to Plt off and on 5 years.
Based in Cincy Ohio
Currently run Express-1

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
Bill has my prayers for a rapid recovery and thank God for seat belts and air bags. .........TJ

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
will add him to my prayers to
and as they said in hill street blue's becareful out there it's a jungle out there
keep us posted

Tom Robertson

Veteran Expediter
UPDATE...

Bill was relased from the hospital late last night. The release was probably a day or two early however there were no beds available and the Triage was loaded with cases much more severe than Bills.

Bill's sister Marlene and her son, Bill's nephew drove down from Marysville, In. today to take Bill back to her home. In a breif encounter it was my impression that these two are definitely from the same mold and I have no doubt that Bill's recovery will be handled with care, concern, and a sister's love. Your continued prayers would be appreciated.

Get well my friend.

side note... The pain medication is doing a number on him. While he still is feeling some pain, his eyes were a little glazed and he had his signature "big smile" on when leaving this afternoon.

thanks to all who have responded,here and privately. it's nice to know that this community takes care of their own!

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
RE: UPDATE...

Thanks for the update. Rene' joins me in wishing Bill a speedy, healthful recovery and a quick return to the hiways and byways.

Terry

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

I just saw this thread. Glad to hear Bill is out of the hospital and recovering with his family, I'll say a prayer for his speedy recovery:)
-Weave-

dragonrider

Expert Expediter

This is a good example to all,if you are relly under the gun,pushing hard,the best thing is to sit back,relax,and think of things like this.
I wrote a story for Land Line once,about how it dawned on me that I was pushing too hard,and was putting myself and others at risk,I sat back,relaxed and still got to my destination on time and feeling a lot better.
I have added him and all of us out here to my prayers .Hope his recovery is swift and complete.
dragonrider:)

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

Good luck and a speedy recovery to Bill.How ironic at 1100 you get hit by a drunk driver. Tom,your concern for this man shows the type of individual you are.I always like to think that we are all in this together. I think alot of us would be happy to send a get well type card to either you Tom for forwarding on or to Bills home address.