Fuel for Thought Your Point of View

chillout

Administrator
Staff member
On Time Media Staff
Regulations. Traffic. Hours of service. Traffic. Weight limits. Traffic. Equipment failures. Traffic. Incorrect addresses. Traffic. Route restrictions. Traffic. Fuel prices. Traffic. Detention time. Oh, did I mention traffic ? These are just a few of the many complaints we hear almost daily when talking with other drivers. Yes, there are a lot of negatives included with our careers as drivers, but there are also many positives that can be found. I recently delivered to the Turkey Point Nuclear Generating Station in south Florida. While in the area I first noticed this at the entrance.

READ MORE...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The reason for that particular sign (and the dinosaur) is that the facility is a dual generating station using twin nuclear reactors (Westinghouse pressurized water reactors - Units 3 and 4), as well as three fossil units (two 400-megawatt oil/natural gas generation units - Units 1 and 2, and one 1,150 megawatt gas-fired unit - Unit 5).

They are all on the same site, but security for delivery entry is markedly different depending on which side you are going. I've delivered to both sides a couple of times. I definitely prefer to deliver to the fossil side, which is the main shipping/receiving area, down around the south side, where you don't have to actually enter the more secure nuclear areas.

Reactions: Greg

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The reason for that particular sign (and the dinosaur) is that the facility is a dual generating station using twin nuclear reactors (Westinghouse pressurized water reactors - Units 3 and 4), as well as three fossil units (two 400-megawatt oil/natural gas generation units - Units 1 and 2, and one 1,150 megawatt gas-fired unit - Unit 5).

They are all on the same site, but security for delivery entry is markedly different depending on which side you are going. I've delivered to both sides a couple of times. I definitely prefer to deliver to the fossil side, which is the main shipping/receiving area, down around the south side, where you don't have to actually enter the more secure nuclear areas.
Yes, it is both. Did they tag you Turtle while you were there?

Reactions: Perioodic