Your least favorite place to deliver

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Your least favorite place to deliver is.....?

Ok kids. I don't see too many folks active on here this weekend, so you all must be gettin' rich out there. But for those who are around, I've got a little game for you. In the past, there have been great threads about great cities to pick up freight. But let's talk the other side for a minute: What are the cities that you NEVER want to deliver to. Here's why:

You get a beep or call from dispatch, and they have a great load for you with very minimal deadhead. You pick up the load and everything is fine You get to the destination, only to find that you're passing one of your own two miles up the road, a second at the gate, a third is pulling in as you leave the dock, and another is sitting at the gate as you leave the facility. So you go to park and get some shuteye, only to find out that there are six more vehicles of your size (all from your carrier) on their way to the same drop, scheduled to arrive within the next 5 hours.

So tell us where you were? (Note: This is not a thread meant to start a whining contest. But c'mon and laugh, because we've all been there at some point.)

Last edited:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Last time I was in Laredo, there were 2 other drivers from the same carrier. We went to lunch together, and decided we had enough of a majority to threaten a hostile takeover, lol. ;) I loooove a small carrier! :D

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
My least favorite was the same as my favorite. Washington,D.C. If I could go in and get out at night it was my favorite. If I had to hit it in the day I didn't like it. Always got a load out pretty quickly, but the traffic was bad.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
My least favorite was the same as my favorite. Washington,D.C. If I could go in and get out at night it was my favorite. If I had to hit it in the day I didn't like it. Always got a load out pretty quickly, but the traffic was bad.

From DC to Boston.....NO thanks....

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Into the back of another truck that was sent to rescue our load because the truck we were driving broke down. It has not happened in our truck but did in fleet owner trucks.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
New York City

It don't matter whether picking up or dropping off, in a van or a truck, it is a pain in the a**. I just picked up there, my knee is killing me, I am now up near Maine, may go see the ocean and then head towards somewhere else other than New York City.

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
its gotta be jamaica,ny was there 2 times 2 days in a row 2 weeks ago....deadheaded to carlisle pa just to get away from the place.....but the big kitty musta thought i wanted to live there,because they offered me another load there that day...,,ugg turned down, and got a nicer load going to missouri...sometimes turning down a load works out for the best..

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Toronto, on top of everything else you have customs. Chicago, Atlanta and anywhere along the east coast toll system are also yuck.