Your Happiest Sports Day

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Mine is when the Lions went to the Super Bowl and oddly enough WON..

What a Dream, now welcome to the nightmare no appearances ever in a Superbowl or even close.

Toss up between the Panthers going to the Party, or when Kurt Gibson slamed that HOME RUN in 84 to seal the World Series.... What a year for baseball.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Good thread!

Hate to say it, Broom... but mine is when the Hawks beat the Panthers to go to the Supabowl.

Close second is when Joe Carter homered in the 9th to beat the Phillies in the World Series.

-Vampire Super Slooth Trucker!!!

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Your Hawks wont finish with as good as a record as the Panthers will this year. And further more, they will not go as far in the Playoffs either.

Just cause your a fan, means they stuck....

Jayman

Expert Expediter
You all know what my happiest day in sports was! :7 Give you a hint. February 4th 2007 in Miami.

Hey broom, I may go to the preseason game between my Colts and your Lions.

Critter Truckin

Expert Expediter
Grizzly Adams DID have a beard!!! What?

Anyway, the Tigers winning the 84 Series would have to be number 1 for me. With a close second going to the 06-07 Michigan State hockey team. They won the NCAA championship despite being a surprise 3 seed (of 4) in their bracket, going thru a nationally ranked #1 Notre Dame, losing at some point in the in the last 5 years in either the second round or the Frozen Four... and having an under sized (5'7"), under experienced (a part-time starting junior), severely asthmatic (had an attack the night before the championship game) goalkeeper. So yeah, that one rests kinda special.

lanier1

Seasoned Expediter
91 Braves, worst to first and watching my 8 year old son wheelying off the starting line on his CR80 at a hare scramble in South Carolina ten years ago.

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
1985 Season for the Bears, mid-season DEMOLITION of the Dallas Cowboys 44-0. I was in the Corps at the time, and All of Camp Pendleton could hear me screaming about that game. I was so fired up about that beatdown I thought they were going to put me in the brig...

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Thinking back you know the Greatest Sports Moment this Country ever had 1980 Olympics.

Remember that Hockey Team, and the final show down with Russia. They compared it to a High School football Team going up against the Steelers the odds were better for the Steelers than for this Hockey Team to win that Game.

And if I not mistaken, is that also when we were introduced to Dorthy Hammel?

A sport this Country knew nothing about, but in two weeks everyone was talking HOCKEY. Heck even Southerners knew about it.

Agree/Disagree?

Critter Truckin

Expert Expediter
I'd agree with that... but the funniest part is, it was the semi-finals! But yeah, that was an extra-special moment in US sporting history. And, as much as I really don't dig him as an announcer, Al Michaels did wonders to capture the moment.

And I think that Dorothy may have been 76 in Montreal. But I could be wrong.

Another one, may be when Tommy Lasorda took the college kids to the gold medal in (I want to say) 2002. No pros, no dream team. Just a bunch of kids that play the game to want to play the game. Oh yeah, Pat Borders was the catcher. So one pro, I lied.