you want it where?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I want stuff to stay put on my counter even when driving. I got a roll of "non adhesive select easy liner" at Walmart. It's a woven mesh that comes in a roll either 12" or 20" wide. I've used it for at least a year and unless you hit a bump or driveway end that just about bends the frame nothing is going anywhere. If you have any surfaces in your truck you want stuff staying put on this stuff might do it.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB
OOIDA Life Member 677319, JOIN NOW
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Good stuff Leo,
We have used the shelf liner for 2 years now and from electronics to food products is worth its weight in gold.
My favorite part is it doesn't stick to any thing (residue) and holds items tight.
Mike

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We also use this product and love that now you can get it in colors! It also helps with rattles.

Speaking of rattles and creaks in the truck going down the road what do you guys do about them? My coffee cup drives me nuts as no matter where I put it the thing likes to knock on a cabinet door.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
>We also use this product and love that now you can get it in
>colors! It also helps with rattles.
>
>Speaking of rattles and creaks in the truck going down the
>road what do you guys do about them? My coffee cup drives
>me nuts as no matter where I put it the thing likes to knock
>on a cabinet door.

Hunt them down and fix um!! Sometime we have used that 1/2" foam weatherstripping on selves to keep the rattles down.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
OVM You would laugh at all that I do when I get ready for bed and I hear an offending rattle or something knocking on the cabinet doors. I am all over that sleeper when I should be sleeping looking for a rattle. I have the shelf covering everywhere but you still can develop rattles. I also have many things in baskets so that nothing can move towards the doors but still.....

I find it amazing though how much stuff moves around going down the road.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hahaha...JuJu is the same way...especially when we get that little chirping sound!! She'll drive and I have to hunt it down and fix it somehow...sheshhh

Bungee cords will squeek when rubbing against anything... a straw over the hook does away with that. 2 cabinets together will grind with the movement...babypowder between them does help. We have our selves lined with old hand towels which also can be used as grease rags or anything in a emergency.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
OVM,

Thanks for the ideas! I figured you would know how crazy it can get tried to find a noise.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Got them! Can't sleep going down the road with out them. I can still hear some of the rattles though or it could be my imagination.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Got them! Can't sleep going down the road with out them. I can still hear some of the rattles though or it could be my imagination.

Are you sure that the rattles are not coming from within? ;)

Pappy

Expert Expediter
Tennis anyone?

Try cutting a tennis ball in half. With the cut off part facing up, attach the ball to a cabinet shelf using a 5/8 inch pan head screw. Trun coffee cups and glasses up side down over the ball half. They'll stay put. Also try cotting a hole in a tennis ball about the diameter of salt and pepper shakers. attach the ball to shelves as aboce and shakers will also stay in place!

Pappy :)

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Jim darn it you know me to well!

Pappy what a cool solution as it is usually my coffee cup that is giving me so much grief.

Fr8 Shaker

Veteran Expediter
Speaking of rattles and creaks in the truck going down the road what do you guys do about them? My coffee cup drives me nuts as no matter where I put it the thing likes to knock on a cabinet door....

"Turn up the radio."

As for the shelf liner, you can get that at dollar tree and most other dollar stores for a buck. I don't know if it is the same brand name that Leo mentioned but it's the same stuff.