You Need to Fluff it Monthly for it to Work Properly When Needed

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you have never Fluffed your fire extinguisher you may need to do so. It is easy to do.
Over time the powder settles and can become packed and may not work when needed.

Before you Fluff it

Inspect the gauge to ensure it is charged correctly. If not, recharge or replace.

Look inside the nozzle to see if anything is there that will block the chemical.

Inspect the hose for splits.

Take a dead blow hammer and tap all around the extinguisher while holding it upside down, or lay it in the grass. Tap the bottom a few extra times. You will hear when the powder moves as the sound will change. If you only have a metal hammer, use the wooden handle or a small piece of wood.
The more you tap it, the more you fluff it.

A Fluffed Fire Extinguisher is a Happy Fire Extinguisher

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Boy this post is very different than the title led me to believe! ;)

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Yup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to rush right out and fluff my, fluff my, wait something's not quite right here. :eek:

Wait I have it. The lady in the truck next to me needs to have it fluffed. I'll let you know if it works in a few minutes.

Last edited:

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I'm going to rush right out and fluff my, fluff my, wait something's not quite right here. :eek:

Wait I have it. The lady in the truck next to me needs to have it fluffed. I'll let you know if it works in a few minutes.

I am really trying not to go down the road I want to. I am in a mood,,this could get nasty, lmaorof, but,,, many folks get theirs fluffed regularly, u know, rugs, towels and so on,,,,,

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
I am really trying not to go down the road I want to. I am in a mood,,this could get nasty, lmaorof, but,,, many folks get theirs fluffed regularly, u know, rugs, towels and so on,,,,,

Uh, is that why so many of them are red?...Especially the ones found in trucks?...such a lonely life. :confused:

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter

How did it go?

uploadfromtaptalk1377205966361.jpg

sent from my Galaxy Tab2

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
How did it go?

View attachment 7437

sent from my Galaxy Tab2

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Well, I went over there and told her I was there to fluff her fire extinguisher. Just then a really ugly guy stuck his head out from behind the curtains. I kind of panicked and told him I was a licensed and bonded fire extinguisher fluffer (don't know if there is such a word) anyway he just kept looking at me and she kept smiling so I told him I would go and get my business card. Haven't been back yet.
Another internet true story. LOL!

BUT WAIT, I'll finish the story. I had to stop my microwave buzzer went off.

He followed me to my truck and I was scarred to death because I didn't know where Layoutshooter and the gang were to protect me.
He said he never heard of such a thing and I told him I could prove it. So I told him where I got the idea. I told him I got it on Expediters Online. He said he'd look it up. Okay I'm done now.

Last edited:

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
That poor lady was just a victim of purgoose the drive by fluffer!

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Well, I went over there and told her I was there to fluff her fire extinguisher. Just then a really ugly guy stuck his head out from behind the curtains. I kind of panicked and told him I was a licensed and bonded fire extinguisher fluffer (don't know if there is such a word) anyway he just kept looking at me and she kept smiling so I told him I would go and get my business card. Haven't been back yet.
Another internet true story. LOL!

BUT WAIT, I'll finish the story. I had to stop my microwave buzzer went off.

He followed me to my truck and I was scarred to death because I didn't know where Layoutshooter and the gang were to protect me.
He said he never heard of such a thing and I told him I could prove it. So I told him where I got the idea. I told him I got it on Expediters Online. He said he'd look it up. Okay I'm done now.

And that Your Honor is how the fight started!

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
The title worked. You now know how to fluff it. The title made you look.. so there.

I learned all I need to about fluffing on....nevermind! :p
I honestly didn't know to "fluff" my fire extinguisher so I did learn something new and get a few laughs too...a win win situation!

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I learned all I need to about fluffing on....nevermind! :p
I honestly didn't know to "fluff" my fire extinguisher so I did learn something new and get a few laughs too...a win win situation!

I learned it about 30 years ago when I became...head Fluffer. I want to tell ya, after fluffing around 100, you get all fluffed out.