Yellow Iron..Anything Caterpiller

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Meant to post this last week for the Cat fans.
Located in Alcoa Tn.
This guy has anything related to Caterpiller from belt buckles to the biggest final drives you ever seen in your life sitting on his floor..He maybe some kind of clearing house for them?? Genuine Cat new and used and some aftermarket stuff. Dropped some tools off at his place and was amazed as to what he had in stock..Crate after crate of Cat motors..From truck to mining equipt to the smallest filter..he has it or can find it for you. (Or so he says)
Maybe at least worth looking into if your searching for Caterpiller parts.They seemed like great ppl out on the dock anyways.
I looked at the web site but didnt search around it since Im not in the market for anything..Hope this helps someone shopping..
He did state ya could figure at least 40% savings.

Home

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The return of Fred Sanford. There will always be junk peddlers.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
The return of Fred Sanford. There will always be junk peddlers.

Ok you know something I dont then..
I thought this place was set up nice..Big buildings,,clean,,sorted..everything that could be was on shelves..I seen some used but alot was new or new condition..Just posted it for someone to have another option when seaching for parts.Didnt look like a salvage yard to me at all..Very nice set-up I thought. People where nice and appeared to be good ppl.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I just know that Cat as a corporation doesn't stand behind the junk they sell. This place may be great and be stand up people but they better not need corporate to have their back or they'll be sorely disappointed.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Actually the world revolves around the sun, although there are certain liberals who believe the world revolves around them.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I've known a few junk dealers over the years. Most of them have money to burn...lol.

Of all the nice, expensive homes built surrounding our local country club/golf course, 2 were paid for in cash when finished. One belonged to a retired doctor, the other belonged to the local scrap iron dealer. That's the rumor anyway. I do know the scrap iron dealer...his other properties include some some beach front properties in the gulf.

bludragon13

Seasoned Expediter
LDB, I recently had the ecm burn out on our C-13 , CAT replaced this expensive part free of charge, the truck had 438,000 miles on it at the time. Did your problems happen at a CAT dealer or some where else?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ours was at the dealer in SLC. It went as high as the CAT regional manager. The tech with 10 years experience said when he tore it down it was the cleanest, best maintained engine he'd worked on in his 10 years of wrenching.

bludragon13

Seasoned Expediter
LDB just wondered because I have yet to find a freightliner dealer who dealt with CAT questions in an intelligent manner. I would never take a CAT engine problem to anyone but a CAT dealer.