Ye ole blood test

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Types of Blood Tests - NHLBI, NIH

Calcium

Calcium is an important mineral in the body. Abnormal calcium levels in the blood may be a sign of kidney problems, bone disease, thyroid disease, cancer, malnutrition, or another disorder.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** The VA clinic just did an blood work up on me. They do it once a year and found that my calcium levels have gone down about 30 pct and I thought I was eating correctly and so on, but mother nature sees things differently at my young age of 68 and trying to get to 69 years young in April. So now I am on 4 calcium pills a day to boost that back up.

All other blood work was ok etc. The overall report was 6 pages long. They do check HDL,LDL, all the red white and blue blood cells,lol. It was a thorough exam as I also showed it to one of my doctor buddies and he also said I was good to go.

It is recommended to do this once a year to catch anything going south before it gets to far gone,and you never know--We have all heard the stories, one day he or she was ok and the next day POOF and they were gone---

Check you blood pressure once a month anyway, you can be at a stroke level on your blood pressure and never know it , it is sneaky.