Yankees

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Anyone think with Clemens in a few months, that they can catch the Red Sox?

Yankees are a fine team but struggling. Pitching is not lasting past the 5-6th and middle relievers well lets just say there are none.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
I will be pulling with ya, but they sure fell apart on us in the Series and end of the season. Like I said I am pulling with ya, but a little early for that prediction.

A Sox Tigers series would be fun before the World Series, but they both gotta get there to make it happen.

unorthodoxneon

Expert Expediter
Could this be the year of the Wings, Pistons, Tigers and the Lions?

DETROIT WHAT!!!!????

Yes, i am stretching a bit saying the lions will even win more then 3 games. :+ But one can dream cant he?

As for the yankees trying to BUY the world series, sounds about right.

JnJTeam

Seasoned Expediter
Congrats on Clemens for extracting ALOT of money out of ol' Georgie boy. Clemens knows he is too old for spring training and a full season. By starting his season now he'll still be there if the Yankees make it to October. The problems with the Yankees are deeper than one pitcher and filling a gap with a 45y/o will not solve future problems. Even though I am a die-hard Cardinals fan I gotta give the early race to the Tigers. They were impressive last year and are in control this year. We were lucky to get the series last year.

JohnO

Veteran Expediter
They were talking about Roger coming back on XM during the game last night he should be back in time to pitch at Boston next Sunday.

He could win 12-14 games with support from the bats. Even if he flounders he'll be in shape for October when we need him most.

1978 we were 12 games behind Red Sox in July and then Bucky Dent came to bat plus the collapse of the Red Sox.

My Dad always said whoever is leading July 4th usually wins division.

Got a shirt the other day the front says "It's in the stars Yankee fans"
the back says "Chances are you'll see Hailey's Comet before the Red Sox win the series again. Gotta love the folks who put these saying together.

Out in Las Vegas will be spending the evening with my brother the Red Sox fan watching the game at his home. Will pick up a broom to bring along to leave with him when we win again tonight.