Xtra Income Source while getting some excersise

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
I discovered quite awhile ago a possible income source while waiting for loads.

1. On a windy day, go to a large parking lot at a large chain store or shopping center.

2. check for a shrubline for bushes or heavy grass that coincides
with the empty end of the parking lot and downwind.

What happens is sometimes shoppers loose paper bills and they blow all the way down to the end of the parking lot and get caught up in the shrubs etc, and they just sit there until
someone like me comes up and grabs them.

I've found a total of $6.00 in 3 tries. Plus you get some exersise
looking. Also rainy days are good, the bills get stuck to the
pavement by surface tension, but you gotta be quick since they could be right in the middle of the lot and somebody else will grab it. The people who lost them are long gone so you don't have to feel guilty.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I am not old enough for S.S. , I don't know about finding loose bucks but the morals will be out soon, with what they go for I might make more than what I am right now. I got an idea, why not give me back all the money I have been paying out to support other people? Bet that won't happen. Layoutshooter

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
interstategar,We have pets(dogs)that are with us in the truck and a few times a day I have to walk them and yes I have found money like you have described.

The first time was in Ontario a couple of years ago at a small shopping plaza,found $20.00 canadian.The second was just a couple of weeks ago can't remember where but it was at a Cracker Barrel,found $5.00.:D

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
Good for you Doggy Daddy.
One time is was layed over in the Nashville area and I was at this shopping plaza and was sitting there at least an hour eating a meal, relaxing, and noticed this peace of paper about 20 ft from me and thought nothing of it. After 1 hour I looked alittle closer and it was a $5 bill. It had rained and the wet pavement made it stick to the asphalt. That paid for the meal I was eating.

Every dollar counts these days...

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Don't you just hate technology? The growing use of debit cards has probably cut this income source in half. :(

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
No, I think the debit cards are much of a factor-LOL I'd be willing to bet you have some cash in your wallet to lose right now. I'll be waiting downwind...

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
Talk about a "windfall" profit.

This idea blows me away.

I would suggest trying a large movie theatre parking lot, some popcorn may blow your way and provide a snack while you are working.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I won't go hungry, I have 8 fishing rods, several reels, one freshwater and one saltwater tackle box in the truck. Give a man a fish etc. AND, the morels might be out in parts of the south. Layoutshooter

jansiemoo

Seasoned Expediter
also, if it's raining....I went into a goodwill store today and found 82 cents in a pair of pants and a $5 bill in another. I did buy the pants so it's not stealing, right?