Big Truck XPO Logistics....

bolter82

Expert Expediter
I spent two days in a hotel because I had a 976 mile run going to Lyndhurst ,NJ this Monday. Got to the shipper to find the dispatcher who got me this load didn't do the measurements right. There was 20 small 30"x33" (I think) pallets. I could only fit 18. Dry run. They called in a bigger truck, also with XPO, but his was a refer...he also got the dry run. Instead of splitting the load, we were told to leave.

Next, I got a load going to Pulaski, TN. Awesome! Ill just deliver this and go to my bosses house. I drove 123 miles to my pick up, slept right next to the building, get a call from dispatch...the customer wants to cancel the load for a different day. &%*#&@ Dry run number 2. Now I'm getting annoyed. This was all paid miles...235 miles to TN.

Next day...Got a load going to Bechtelsville, PA. Ok, I can work with that. Asked for all paid miles because of all the dry runs ive already got. I needed to get to PA anyways. I drove 180 miles to pick this load up in Dalton, GA. Slept down the road so I wouldn't be late. Was supposed to load at 7 am, only problem with that...they opened at 8 am. But I was sitting in a dock at 7:20 am. Dispatch calls (at this point, I have a feeling it might be another dry run...I jinxed myself)...Customer doesn't want to use this truck. Now I'm angry...

I'm driving this truck all over the place and not getting paid. XPO Logistics......If I get one more dry run, I am driving this truck to my owners house, starting my car...and I'm done! I'm quitting anyways but this :censoredsign: needs to stop! Your killing me!

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Bolster I don't lease on to xpo but do stuff for them through my pimp , I've had a few good runs and more than my fair share of stupidity from them dry runs stuff not fitting to much weight etc.....

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
XPO has other brokerages that are not necessarily from XPO Express...I've found our Buchanan people do really well, not sure about other locations.