XM SATELITE RADIO

NEVERHOME247

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Just wanted to share my experience with the new XM Satelite Radio. We just installed XM in our truck last week. All I can say is it is great. It is simple to install. You get 100 channels a month for 9.99 Most of which are all commericial free. You get everything from rock,country,oldies,rap,classical and just about any brand of music you can think of. Also has several news stations,weather channel,comedy and talk stations. Once you tune in you never loose your station works coast to coast. I ran threw canada last week and works great there as well. If you are like me and get tired of constantly loosing your station and fumbling with your radio all the time. Then you'll love XM....

Christyrose

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
We have been reading up on the XM radio. Which system did you install? Right now, I would love to have it installed but the expense is not justified.:(

omalljd

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I agree that the XM Satellite radio is incredible. I have had mine for about a month and the reception and quality of music and stations is great!!! I have the Pioneer model. You can buy an FM modulated unit that plugs into your existing antenna so that you can use your current radio or you can replace the radio and get a cd player plus XM radio.

Jeff

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
About 2 years ago I invested in XM and bought 200 shares of stock.I then watched it tank in the fall along with the other Tech Stocks but since they finally got it up and running the stock has rebounded nicely. I looked into getting a receiver but as Christy Rose said they are still a little expensive for my cheap blood,but as with all new items I am sure the receivers will come down in price soon.Interesting point is that General Motors and Direct TV are the largest stockholders. I think after they are cruising for a few years someone like Motorola will come along and merge the whole company.. There is another company also in this field called Sirrus,I would like to see some of the large Superpower stations on it or the syndicated programs like Art Bell, etc. I believe that will come soon.

NEVERHOME247

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
WE INSTALLED THE FM MODULATED UNIT IN OUR TRUCK. XM IS A LITTLE SALTY. BUT ITS WORTH EVERY PENNY TO ME.