xbox 360 woes

GraZZy

Seasoned Expediter
I put an xbox 360 in my sleeper birth. I had it on a platform on a pillow to give it some give for the truck vibration. But traveling through the new york city rush hour we hit some pretty big bumps and it deeply gouged my new fable II game. So I am doing research on how to stabilize this and stop it from happening. We were steady driving and I was just trying to get some game time in since we had very little downtime that week while sitting.

I had a couple Ideas on how to fix this but haven't quite figured out which idea or compilation of ideas would work best.

1. build a support cage to keep the machine firmly in place.
2. use foam padding to give it some give.
3. building an air ride type system to keep the system from jarring.
4. Using a laptop like fixed disk usb optical drive (anyone know of a compatible device?)
5. Read an article on installing rubber bumpers in the drive to keep it from allowing the disk to veer off course and thus hitting the laser housing. (though to do this I would have to remove the drive and mod it. thus voiding my warranty.)

So all in all was just wondering if anyone else had figured out how to support thier entertainment units for use while traveling in a sleeper cab. Or if anyone has a link to a site about this type of thing. Google has led me down the wrong path alot on this subject.

GraZZy

Seasoned Expediter
Well my brother called me and told me about the new firmware update to xbox live for the 360. It has a feature that allows you to save games to the hard drive off of the play disk and play them straight from there as long as the disk is present and can be verified before you start using it straight off of the hard drive.

kind of killed two birds with one stone. Now the load times are very little, and I can play on the bumpy roads without having to worry about the disk spinning around and getting damaged while i ride in the back.

Now I just have to find someone with a non scratched Fable II and I can get back to growing my horns and killing my children.

Scott101

Seasoned Expediter
kind of killed two birds with one stone. Now the load times are very little, and I can play on the bumpy roads without having to worry about the disk spinning around and getting damaged while i ride in the back.

Good info. Thanks! But aren't you worried about hard drive damage too?