Would like to Get Started!

bushrod

Expert Expediter
Hello everybody,are there any company that will take a new comer with only local experance, that is looking to buy a truck and let him make runs 300 to 600 miles so he can get into everything.I hope you understand what I'am trieing to say. have local experance very good driving and safty record training in driver safety (smith driver training). Will buy a truck and haul within 600 miles of Detroit,Michigan willing to stay out short 2-3 days at first to get use to everything.Mabe we can work something out.Also have experance as a freight agent, so I do know quite a lot about the business.I also have a CDL-B. I can buy truck or van.

X1_SRH

Expert Expediter
Hey Bushrod, I can only speak for E-1, but we require 2 years experience for our straight truck drivers. 18 Months would be OK if you had a CDL training certificate. A more local company may be able to work with you in the style that you request. Keep looking and you will find a good fit. I recommend calling all the Companies advertising on this site, It is an excellent way to connect with the right company for you. Best wishes - Scott

"My Old Ride"
[p]
http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/images/scott_han_sig_file.jpg

Questions About Express-1?
Call me 1-800-800-5161

-----------------------------------------