Canada Would like to chat with Cross-border Straight truck drivers

Bluesgirl

Active Expediter
Please tell me if you're on board with a company that uses straight trucks as there way of business, or if you're an Owner Operator?

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Where'd all the Canadian expediters go? It seems that NAFTA has literally "gone south" - to Mexico.:bucktooth:

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Head over to Woodyhaven..there is a company next to the Detroiter that uses them, in fact they use them many times over after selling them to drivers and getting them back then selling them again and again. Don't know what their name is anymore its changed several times in recent years. Look closely and you should find them, a fleet of yellow trucks that have been white washed. Maybe a few in there with factory white paint???

tknight

Veteran Expediter
slo, that would be tst i think, they sell trucks to wanna be expediters, and then get them back when they fail, its a very expensive way to find out you don't like to do this for a living anymore, they are a us branch of a canadian company...........

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
slo, that would be tst i think, they sell trucks to wanna be expediters, and then get them back when they fail, its a very expensive way to find out you don't like to do this for a living anymore, they are a us branch of a canadian company...........

Spent a few years with TsT and its not them selling the trucks. (Or wasn't in the beginning) They maybe bankrolling the purchase and that's something I can't say a whole lot about.. The Xdock isn't TsT building its operated by another company.. TsT maybe in bed with them but again I don't know for sure. It was the Alumni-bunk building when I purchased my truck thru them and had to wait for the truck to be delivered from a out of state freightliner dealer.
Then I believe it became the Crew Chief building then something else and now operated by someone else
Last I knew TsT rents office space from them that way they have a address on this side of the river. (Yes TsT is a Canadian owned company)

tknight

Veteran Expediter
I should have phrased that differently , part of their operation is supplying trucks under a half baked lease purchase plan where they pull the money for the truck your driving from your pay I your set up to do that and whether you drive hard I not they will get their money every week , it's not what I consider a good deal by any means, but apparently it works for some.
the cross dock is not theirs but they seem to have control over it the few times I've delivered there.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
it's not what I consider a good deal by any means, but apparently it works for some.

the cross dock is not theirs but they seem to have control over it the few times I've delivered there.

For the time I spend there and if I remember right there may have been 2 guys that had a prayer in making it work. Mainly because I believe they got out from under the lease as fast as they could and away from the restrictions of the lease allowing them to work the way they wanted too,, And maybe they ended up with one of the few good trucks..

As far as xdock I assume they do control it because no matter who I dropped for it always required a TsT pro#.. But I really don't know who pays who for the xdock service.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What's all this fuss about cross-dressing straight truck drivers? Does it really matter if these cross-dressing drivers are straight, gay or lesbian? There are women drivers, whether straight or lesbian, that wear pants and work boots. And of course there's the men, straight or gay, that announce they have no panties on. Just the other day I walked into a truck stop restroom where two guys in skirts were at the sinks applying makeup. Upon seeing me they made a hasty exit. I found that odd. One left his purse behind. Even stranger than their abrupt departure was the fact that the restroom had no urinals. Most peculiar!