working part time

huntn1

Expert Expediter
is there any companies that would allow me to work two weeks on and two weeks off or month on and month off, it seems a few companies keep up with the in-service record. thx

chaz

Expert Expediter
Dont forget about your fees for the month that you take off.
I would assume that you would still have to pay your insurances,qualcomm fees etc. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Chaz

abcwine

Expert Expediter
Huntn1,
Best way to find out is call the companies and ask them directly. Have that be your first question. I don't really consider that part time if you were to work 2 on and 2 off or 4 on and 4 off. The longer you can string days together, usually means the more likelihood you will make more money.

Good Luck,

ABC

abcwine

Expert Expediter
Chaz,
That is correct. There would be fees every month whether you were in service or not. Most carriers have some sort of charges for qualcom and of course, the truck still has to carry insurance even sitting in the driveway.

ABC

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There are a few general freight OTR t/t outfits that have programs for basically 1/2 time employees. It could be that you'd find a better fit for your specific needs there rather than in expediting. I believe CRST is one and maybe Roehl is another. Good luck.

Leo Bricker, owner trucks 3034, 4958
OOIDA 677319
73's K5LDB
EO Forum Moderator 1+ Years of Service
Expediters Online.com - The Best is Getting Better!
-----
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

X1_SRH

Expert Expediter
Chaz and LDB are both correct - It seems that in this situation that expediting may not be the best fit for you. Most expedite companies are looking for 65% to 80% in service time.

Best of Luck in your search - Scott