Working out inside and outside the truck

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I have been a fan of Bob Perry for many years and he has created a new Fit System that is causing a stir. What is interesting is his work with Freightliner and now the Fit System can be ordered when ordering a new Freightliner as one of the options.

Bob had a lot of ideas using the truck as a work out tool that are free and he has pictures in the article I am linking to. He also has a video showing how the new Fit System works inside the truck.

I have a hard time using the truck as an exercise tool unless we are parking in a secluded spot. We just installed the Fit System in the truck and so far I am impressed as I can do the exercised in privacy.

To read more about the exercised and the Fit System:

Team Run Smart - The Drivers Workout and The FIT System

Bob Perry's web site:

Rolling Strong

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
I found a Brochure thats got the DRIVERS WORKOUT using your truck as the gym, its got a list of basic excersizes on it and Im gonna start using this as a guide, Ill report back as I go...its from ROLLING STRONG, I picked mine up off the counter at Speedco...I think its a very do able set of excersizes...

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
While you were at Speedco did you pick up a copy of Expedite Now?

That is interesting I did not know about that brochure. The exercises are doable and Bob hands out tips like that all of the time for free. I have seen him spends a lot of time with drivers knowing they were not ready to buy anything from him giving them tips on eating in restaurants and what to pick when going through a salad bar.

Bob is on a mission and he has been around for a lot years working to get drivers healthy.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I picked one up at Speedco.
The reminder to stretch before exerting oneself is worth it.
I'll remind the misses before I put her to work. :)

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Personaly Id rather get out of the truck and go work out far as running goes, I can still do 7 miles easy. I still work out in the trailer while my co driver goes movie to movie when we are in Ontario CA. I come out front and I see all the D Unites lined up sitting under a canapee some one brings, sipping there cold drinks. I streach out then take off for the mountain about a 7 mile run up then I take a power break then Run back. Yup I get out and see the sights and different people. When I get back to ontario East I see the same ones still sipping.
Im 50 this year who would have guessed. I still can do 150 sit ups 2min and 100 pushups 2min and 2 sets of 10 one handed. Yup I work out maybe not as much as I did, but I still got it.
Here is somthing for ya get the total gym its lite and small enough and for those that don't want to be in front of people you will get a good work out. Just ask Chuck Norris.
Bragging Nope just stating the facts. Im hungry for a steak Dinner. It's feeding time. Can Ya Here ME Now! I want California Steak Dinner or Reno Nevada Steak Dinner or Washington State Surf and Turf. Got it. IM HUNGRY!!!!!! Juicen well When I hit 70 Ill get Jack La Lanes Juicer, Till then I want my Surf and Turf. Like I said Im Realy Hungry Send IT.

Last edited: