Work Accident Insurance

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Well it looks like Fedexcc (Roberts) is going to finally enforce the workers comp or occupational insurance clause in their lease.I don!t see how the fleets will be able to do this and keep their drivers on a contractor vs employee basis.Also teams will suffer by having to pay out more as the letter from Roberts gave a formula to calculate the premiums based on the truck or fleets gross.If for example a team d unit did $100,000 in gross revenue the premium would be $2099 a year,,,pretty big chunk off the top..The ownwe operators association will sell occupational accident insurance for $113 per month.Does anyone know of cheaper rates? I believe this is one of the Fedex changes that we were told would not happen..

The Hound

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Rich, why are you so surprised? Think back over the last 13 years of all the things they were not going to do. Remember the three R's (Roberts Rubber Rules).

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
That Occ Insurance that your paying for is Deductable on your Income Tax return Sch C under
Insurance other than health. All your insurance being an 00 can be deducted including the liability on the truck
I am a Tax Professional specializing in the Transportation industry and also a 00 any questions you can E-Mail me at [email protected]

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
That Occ Insurance that your paying for is Deductable on your Income Tax return Sch C under
Insurance other than health. All your insurance being an 00 can be deducted including the liability on the truck
I am a Tax Professional specializing in the Transportation industry and also a 00 any questions you can E-Mail me at [email protected]

LittleBigTruck

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
It may be deductible, but that's $40/week I could spend on something much more useful...like diesel!I don't understand why they require Worker's Comp, then offer a plan that specifically says it is not in any way to be considered WC? Also, the disablity benefit is determined by taking 66% of your income (based on your Schedule C, 1099, or W-2, whichever is less). Good grief, I won't collect anything if I get hurt on the job!