WOOHOO Jenson wins ....

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
BBC News

Jenson Button wins stunning Canadian Grand Prix

Jenson Button took a stunning victory in a dramatic, rain-affected Canadian Grand Prix by passing Sebastian Vettel on the last lap of an absorbing race.

Vettel's Red Bull ran wide under pressure to gift the win to Button, who recovered after a collision with McLaren team-mate Lewis Hamilton.

Red Bull's Mark Webber was third to deprive Mercedes driver Michael Schumacher of a podium place.

Vettel now leads the championship by 60 points from Button.

An incident-packed race saw the safety car used five times and included a two-hour stoppage for heavy rain. Button himself made five pit stops on his way to victory as well as an enforced visit to the pits for a drive-through penalty for speeding under the safety car.

An emotional Button described the win as possibly the best of his career.

"I don't know what to say - if I hadn't won I would still have enjoyed the race immensely, but it was a fantastic win," he said.

"If you have it in your hands and give it away it is not the sweetest feeling," said Vettel.

McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh said Button deserved the victory.

"Coming through six times from 21st is incredible," said Whitmarsh.

"He just attacked and attacked and delivered a fantastic race."

BBC F1 commentator Martin Brundle said: "At one point we were wondering if Button would catch the Hispanias before the race restarted under the safety car and now he's won the race! That is one of the races of his life and the best grand prix of a spectacular career."

Co-commentator David Coulthard said: "What a fantastic drive from Jenson Button - it looked like it was all lost and he's well aware you count the winners at the chequered flag."

While Button celebrated, Hamilton left the track after an ignominious race that saw him drop from second to fourth in the championship.

Persistent rain through the morning left the track drenched and the race was started under the safety car.

The drama in one of the most sensational races for years began almost as soon as the drivers were released on lap five, and Hamilton was at the centre of it.

more
BBC Sport - F1 - Jenson Button wins stunning Canadian Grand Prix

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus

ya know el, its sad but many people think that, if it doesn't feature reality tv with owners punching drivers, cars slamming into each other, drivers with bad manners and wwe style scripted attitudes plus if it doesn't start with a "booggitty, booggitty booggitty" and feature over weight sedans bearing names of cars that don't exist in the real world as race cars, it isn't racing.

good for jb. great initials!

i am stoked that a lone audi bested puegoet power in france today.