Wonderful Evening

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Mrs. Layoutshooter and I had a nice evening dinner tonight. We were in the company of a couple of newly graduating infantry scouts from Ft. Knox, KY. They graduate next week, they are headed for the DMZ, in Korea.

Fine young men full of spit and vinegar. So young, so full of life and proud of their station in life. It was a privilege to meet them. :)

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That does sound good. This morning about 0100 as I was leaving the Waffle House after my 0:02 delivery five of Ft. Campbell's young men came in. I was headed out the door but did get to tell them thank you and their service is appreciated.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That does sound good. This morning about 0100 as I was leaving the Waffle House after my 0:02 delivery five of Ft. Campbell's young men came in. I was headed out the door but did get to tell them thank you and their service is appreciated.

It was kinda funny too. Every time I said something to one of them they "snapped" to parade rest. I had not been called "sir" that many times in one night in my life!! I FINALLY convinced them that I was NOT a sir that I worked for a living. They relaxed and we had a great talk. Made my night.