Woman trafficking and kipping your job

moose

Veteran Expediter
Here we go again.
WIT , OOIDA , and select carriers, have created more regulatory coming into our industry.

what started with good intentions, trying to do the right thing, have, as expected came back to bite us ALL in the butt.
the shortcoming of our gov. have created an 32 billion $ industry of woman's trafficking,(according to a VERY questionable source) and truckers where called for help.
we simply been in the right place most of the times to report.

the # one problem with this program, according to TAT(Truckers Against Trafficking) publications, is that it simply don't work. they do not have even one case of truckers calling in, to report women trafficking that help save life's.
never the less, since the intentions are good, the 2 associations continue to promote this program.
More then a few carriers taking active part in sponsoring TAT,making it a part of employee training.

that's all good, as long as participating in the training is a choice truckers can make.

according to THETRUCKER.COM
(via it's WIT part)
travel centers of America now makes such training a MANDATORY part of all work applicant.

if you like to clean our toilets, or serve our over priced fast food, you MUST watch the video, and please sign here, that you have the necessary skills to observe and report women trafficking.
we will follow up on this, so you better carry that card in your wallet at all times.

Coming to your carrier of choice in near future .
and to your state of CDL, if we can spread the word loud enough.

but since the sky ain't falling just yet, all involved can capitalized on an opportunity presented to them, to make the best out of a bad situations.
according to thetrucker.com, the congress was concerned latlly about the costrlly effect of new proposed regulations. with the White house intentions to limit the cost of regulatory over our already bitten economy, the congress simply asked the WH to identified programs the will cost more then one billion $.
the WH can back last week, mentioning 2 trucking program.
HOS, and EOBR's, to exceed the one billion mark, for congress to consider if to implement those 2 programs or not.
this happening gives our industry a chance to side with congress and the WH, and say loud and clear :

TAT cannot and will not becomes a mandatory part of our industry.

until doing so, sponsors of TAT are involved in increasing regulatory in trucking.

i made the call to OOIDA this morning.
WIT & TA are next.
they needs to hear from you.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
From what I've read, trafficking is pretty far down the list of priorities for regulation [meaning it should be, not that it is] if any regulation is even justified at all.
Really - don't we have more important things to take care of first?! This is a program that should be voluntary, not mandated.
I'll send my views to OOIDA, for all the good it does.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well as much as it seems to be a good cause, and it is, the problem is that there are two different and distinct parts to the issue, one is domestic and the other is foreign. Until we get a grip on our border, which is and should be number one for OOIDA, T/A and just about every organization out there, we can't even approach the issue with some confidence that it can be solved.

EllenV

Seasoned Expediter
Moose, I'm not sure why you think Women In Trucking has anything to do with Human Trafficking regulations. We don't. We gave them exposure in our newsletter, but we let Truckers Against Trafficking work on their issues.

Ellen Voie
President/CEO
Women In Trucking Association, Inc.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
What exactly is women's trafficing? What should I be watching out for?

Your wife [assuming you have one] when she finds you've developed an interest in 'helping' hookers, lol.
Trafficking is the use of women [often brought to the US from third world countries under false pretenses] for prostitution.
Just another of a brazillion problems we can't seem to fix, sigh.

moose

Veteran Expediter
Moose, I'm not sure why you think Women In Trucking has anything to do with Human Trafficking regulations. We don't. We gave them exposure in our newsletter, but we let Truckers Against Trafficking work on their issues.

Ellen Voie
President/CEO
Women In Trucking Association, Inc.

Well, Ellen, thanks you very mach for taking a part of our Li'l community, and a spacial thanks for what you & WIT do for our industry.

what i'm asking to do is quite simple :
DENOUNCE TAT loudly in your website, and make sure they do not have a fighting chance...now that we know what they are after.(self preservation by regulations) .

TAT is going the sloppy roads other bad programs (like the amber alert, 1st observer and HWY watch, sleep apnea, beached whales, to name a few) went.

simply protect your members & CDL holders, just like i'v asked OOIDA to do.
i have called OOIDA ,and sent them a few Emails, but they fail short of responding.

Thanks.