Wolfeman's surgery

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Steve's wife Shirley just called with the update. Looks like everything went well and Steve is in recovery.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Hey Steve!! Listen to your doctors and do not try to over do it...relax, just enjoy your "inactive' time...

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Sure glad everything went well...and hope he's not too cantankous a patient...*LOL*

Hope you thanked his wife for us John..we are a caring community and are happy to hear it's done!

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Glad to hear all went well. I know It's hard, but stay down and heal up!

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Ok, I had to cut and paste Steve's emails to me from recovery!!!! It may be wrong, but it is classic Steve :D

Steve types:
Thanks. War is on here. They just walked in with dinner. Chicken broth, jello, tea and fruit juice. I'm not some type of **** bird.

John types:
LOL, take it slow cowboy!

Steve types:
Pain is gone, I can sit up again, and I haven't had anything to eat since 2200 last night. I'm starving. Chicken broth, really!!!

John types:
Well go slow pain killers may be fooling you on the no pain issue.

Steve types:
Haven't given me any since surgery. Just feel a slight twinge where they cut me. Like a cut on your finger. Need a Big Mac.

My medical conclusion, surgery successful!

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Some one please expedite this man a Big Mac.!! Wishing you a speedy recovery Steve....

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Ok, I had to cut and paste Steve's emails to me from recovery!!!! It may be wrong, but it is classic Steve :D

No, it was right. Didn't know I was a classic. Is that like a 57 Chevy or something?

LOL!! Yea you have to love what they want to give you after surgery...but a Big Mac!?!?! :eek::D

Breakfast of champions.

At least a happy meal!

I would have stole it from a kid with absolutely no remorse, and I would have kept the toy too.

Is there anything we can do for you? anything you need?Let me know.

Will be down for 6 to 8 weeks. Not much to do except walk. No lifting, bending, stairs, riding in a car, etc. Knowing that everyone cares is enough, but everyone should be available for the Big Mac run if they're passing through Columbus. All kidding aside, thanks and I'll let you know.

Released from the dungeon this morning. First stop was Mickey D's. Have had my Big Mac, actually two, and all's right with the world.

My daughter stopped by my room last night and we pulled off a Tim Horton's run. I was having a monster caffeine headache for lack of coffee. Mainlined some of it through the IV tube.

Finally got a roast beef sandwich, what looked and tasted like cheese soup with bacon, macaroni salad, dill pickles, (not homemade), box of graham crackers, and coffee.

Bfast this morning consisted of one slice of french toast, two sausage links, small bowl of cereal, juice and coffee. Do they actually expect one to survive on this???

I've come to the conclusion that "Hospitals" does not actually mean a place to be healed. The word is actually an abbreviation for: Hoards Of Stupid People Intent on Torture And Larceny.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Just another update, Steve is home resting and (probably eating like a horse per the Domino's delivery guy and the local McDonalds management.)

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Just another update, Steve is home resting and (probably eating like a horse per the Domino's delivery guy and the local McDonalds management.)

BURP!!!!!:D:D:D

Important information: The big three, Domino's, Donato's, and Papa John's will not deliver to a hospital room without clearance from the Nazi's at the nurse's station. Nurses wouldn't believe that an extra large meat lover's was strictly for my 115 lb. daughter.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
After all that junk food everyone wants to give him, the 1st time he hits a fabulous Petro buffet he will not be able to keep it down. Oh wait, can't do that anyhow! lol Glad your up and almost atem.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Steve

Glad everything went well. If you need anything you know how to get in touch with me!

Thanks Jason.

Day 2 leaves me with a lot of stiffness in the lower back which was expected. The site is quite sore, but the leg is quiet with no pain. I am able to walk, talk, and I'll get back to you on the chewing gum part since I don't have any here.:D

Sleeping on the couch since I can't go upstairs much for the first week or so. Actually, it's more comfortable than the bed since I have to have a pillow between the knees and a pillow behind my back.

The hard part starts now. Waiting!!!!!:mad:

Any further developments on the "Project"?

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
well great to hear your on the road to recovery now if i could only get this bloody back of mind to go back in i would be better those heat things did not work really well but the little blue pills at least takes it away for a hour but good to see your on the road to recovery
steve
maybe see ya soon up at the yard
wombat