~Wish list for Santa~

Tom Robertson

Veteran Expediter
If you could have anything money CANNOT buy… here is your opportunity... Tell Santa your desires.

I’ll start the thread with my own wish list…

Santa… please bring me time…TIME

Time to spend with my wife, without the day to day stresses of children, parents, inlaws and business interrupting that time…
just one day would be nice, but two weeks would be heaven.

Time to finish a meal, time to take a shower, or to get more than 5 hours of sleep without being interrupted by the phone. ps I’ll settle for one day, but a week would be nice

Time to travel, to ski again.

Time to spend on the beach, sleeping and waking without a clock or watch anywhere in sight.

Time to read for pleasure, rather than perusing DOT rules and regulations, e-mails from business partners and sales brochures for new trucks and sleeper configurations.

Time to work a crossword puzzle or just to daydream.

Time for my parents to spend their remaining years in the blessed good health in which they remain.

Time for me to see my daughter enter adulthood and realize her dream of becoming a dermatologist.

And finally even more time to spend with the beautiful woman who will always be my bride.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I would like to see just one day, "Where we can have peace on earth and good will to all."

Glen Rice

Veteran Expediter
To see my family self reliant and happy about it! By the way Tom this is some of your best work, Thanks!

raceman

Veteran Expediter
Dear Santa,

Please teach my adult children to earn on thier own.

Please bring my Grandson the ability to have a happy normal childhood.

and my biggest wish of all is that you will bring me continued health progress and never let it go backwards.

The Owner Formally none as RACEMAN

kempers_gramp

Expert Expediter
Patience! Patience! Patience!

Well I guess those are 3 things, but If I could have one of them it would be PATIENCE!!!!!

I sit, sometimes too long, wondering where my next load will come from? Where my next paycheck will come from? Why is the phone not ringing? Will they want to send me to tin-buck-two, when it does ring? Will I make the right choice when they do ask? All this time I feel my blood pressure rising, my fuse growing shorter and shorter................................x( UUHHHHHHHHGGGG!!!!!x(

Currently I run solo. I say currently because my wife does not have her license just yet. Soon I hope. Anyway, I ask for patience due to the week I had just a couple of weeks ago, and believe me by Wednesday of that week I was begging God for forgiveness for what ever it was that I had done wrong.
I delivered on Monday from a very nice weekend run that had taken me 945 some odd miles from pick-up to delivery near St. Louis MO.
Do I drop the trip pack with or without the 945 mile trip, or do I hold it until the next week just to keep "something" there for the week? I dropped it as I should have.
The remainder of that Monday came and went, no load offer. That's OK though, I thought, I had a kick butt week last week, one day to relax. Then Tuesday, and Wendsday and still nothing, I'm sweating bullets now, but I'm in St. Louis, theres gotta be, in the words of several dispatchers, "something comming out of THERE soon". My fault for sitting so long.
Because there are 5 trucks on the Peoria Ill. board and just about as many on the Rockford, Ill. board, I'm deadheading to Chicago, and the drive time will burn another half a day!
But wait, BEEP!!!! the qualcom goes off, yea a load offer!! But to my dissapointment, a $150.00 shortie. O.K. I'll take it. I guess that O.K. is what opened the flood gates. Immediately came a $450.00 load offer, which I accepted, followed by another $450.00 load offer, which I accepted, and the grand finaly $1044.00 weekend run, which I gladly accepted. Thank you God! I guess I'll make the truck payment next week afterall.
This little experience was enough to teach me not to sit in one place too long. I have alot to learn, and as long as I am cautious with my money and have faith that God will guide me in the right direction, patience will pay off.

Too much time on my hands? Yea, maybe!!!!

I'd like to thank everyone here at EO for their help, sharing of knowledge, opinions, and stories, that have helped lead me to a hopefully fulfilling life changing career. So far, so good!

Merry Christmas to all, and a Happy and prosperous New Year!

Kempers_gramp.

God grant me the Patience to wait for a good load offer!
The ability to recognize a good load offer when I see one!
and Knowledge to know to refuse a load offer when it is a good business decision to do so!

G

Dear Santa,

You may need some help from your (our) superior for this one.

First: I would like to have a picture of Osama Bin Laden..in shackles and in U.S. custody. I do not want this to satisfy my hate for the man, but to show those who lost loved ones on 9/11 that there is justice in this world. Give them closure.

Second: I would like to see all of our troops have a safe, peaceful day to observe christmas where ever they may be.

Third: I would like to see each of them return home as soon as possible, safe and unharmed.

Fourth: I would like to extend my deepest sympathies to those who have been injured or have had loved ones killed in either 9/11 or the war on terrorism.

Fifth: I wish that we could live on a peaceful earth where none of the above is necassary.

Above all else, I hope that everyone remembers our troops and their families through the holidays.

Arky

finney

Expert Expediter
Rather than go into all the stuff I'd like that money cannot buy (absolute fearlessness and faith in yourself in any endeavor, for instance, which would allow one to reach their full potential in whatever they set their hand to AND alleviate the fears of 'will I make the payment'), I'd settle for:

"I wish that stupid SOB that just passed me and then pulled in front of me about a car length away had waited to start doing traction tests on this 5% grade in the snow while I'm behind 'im with 42k in the wagon until he was AT LEAST a truck length away."

I wish (with the same efficacy as wishing to Santa) y'all 'dry roads'.

louixo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I´d wish for several more lifetimes, and that I go when the planet goes, and then end up somwhere where I can start all over again.

World peace and contentment for all.

Marty

Veteran Expediter
Dear Santa,
I've been asking for world peace for over 45 years but it seems I might still have to wait a little longer.
In mean time I whish that American companies would stop moving their factories to other countries to get cheaper labor, leaving American workers with less and less good paying jobs.
I wonder if the owners of large corporations inspired to grow up to be scrouges when they were young.

Tom Robertson

Veteran Expediter
Man... what a touching group of wishes...

The entire world would be a better place for all if Santa could deliver!

There is still time... it's now Christmas Eve... certainly there are more wishes to be heard... speak up of forever hold your wish.

thanks to all who have participated,

it's comforting to know the well wishes of others!

Merry Chistmas to all !

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
My greatest wish is that CHRIST be put back in his birthday celebration.
If he were on earth today,Im sure he would be saying "People what are you doing?".Then he would procede to chase the money changers out.

finney

Expert Expediter
Seein' as how He wasn't born at this time of year...it's kind'f tough to interject Christ into the Winter Solstice Festival with any sort of authority.

plumcrazy8

Expert Expediter
Hey Tom, Hope yours was a memorable Christmas. Looking at your list I'm pretty sure you received most of the wishes, the rest will come. I just got in off the road and have been busy with car repairs for the wife and kids and bedding down the truck for the -29 degree temps up here so I missed being able to place my wishes. The Christmas around our place was one of the skinniest in memeory but I can't ever remember having a better time. We laughed, ate very well, played with the puppy, missed the freinds and relatives who weren't here and prayed for the ones who needed a boost up. Come to think of it, no wishes needed here - they come true every day. Happy New Year to you all and thanks for the good work you do!!