Wiring Diagram

natsys

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Going to put a remote start/alarm on my 2011 Hino 258. There is absolutely NOTHING online for wire colors/locations for HIno, but I've done enough of them to figure out ignition, accessory, and run wires. My issue is on the power lock interface. I've tested every wire coming in through the driver's kick panel and it doesn't appear that there are any that will activate the power lock/unlock function. The truck does not have factory keyless entry and I'm not even sure that the driver's door will power lock/unlock like the passenger's will.

Any thoughts?

Hino123

Expert Expediter
Researching
If I have a chance ill look tomorrow, i have no power at home because of Irma so it may be a few days. If you get out of the truck and lock the drivers door from the outside, does the passenger door lock as well?

natsys

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Actually, I was working out some details to post a follow up with what I found.

First, the HinoSource website has all the information you could need on wiring. For some reason, 2011 model conventional trucks aren't listed, but the bodybuilder guides for 2012's are the same and chapter 12 has very detailed wiring diagrams and plug pinouts. They don't give the location of some components, but I was able to decipher the wires and locations of what's in my truck for door locking.

I don't have factory keyless entry, but the passenger door does unlock when I turn the key in the driver's door. The wiring diagram shows there are 5 wires going into the driver's door for the lock, ground, signal to lock the passenger lock and signal to unlock also. The other 2 wires, yellow and yellow with a black stripe are supposed to be for the driver's power lock, but when I opened up the driver's door and pulled out the lock, it is an empty shell of an actuator and only contains a switch to tell the other side what to do.

Browsing on Ebay for an aftermarket actuator to put in there I found some Toyota/Lexus power motors that look suspiciously like the one I saw when I had the door apart. They were only $8 so I've ordered one to see if it will fit. If it does, it will be the easiest way to add full locking that I can tie into the RS/alarm.

I'll post later when I find out if I was right or not.

Sorry Irma has messed up your routine. Hope you and yours and the rest of our community down in FL and TX are safe.

Hino123

Expert Expediter
Researching
Interesting. Ill be curious to see if those work. Hino is 50% owned by Toyota. There are a lot of interchangable parts. Were doin ok down here in central Florida. Hope to have power back soon. Were getting back to business slowly but surely.

natsys

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, that didn't work out so well. They LOOK similar, but they aren't the same.

I'll probably have to get a universal actuator and connect it to the factory lock. There's an unused lever arm that should accept the actuator rod if there's enough clearance to mount it in there.

I might try a couple of local dealers to see if the motor is available and reasonably priced. I like stuff that just screws right in without tinkering with it, but my frugal nature sometimes gets the best of me.