Wiring diagram - 2008 Sprinter

Monty

Expert Expediter
I have a thought I'd like to place an amber strobe light on my van. And I have an idea how to wire it ...... my van has the switch for the fog lights, (but it has no lights.)

I thought I might wire that strobe to the headlight/foglight switch already installed ... but i cant find where the wire is!

Should be easy to tap into it at one of the fuse boxes, if I could identify the fuse location.

Thoughts?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If your talking about the foglight switch you activate by pulling out on the headlight nob when the headlights are on it probably is not what you think. That is a rear fog light that is the bottom red light on the drivers rear side only. My understanding is that it is a common thing in Europe. I never use it thinking if I did a cop will pull me over and try to tell me I have a tail light burnt out.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Xiggi a lot of BMW/Audi/Mercedes over here have them. They are a bit distracting but you sure notice them in fog.

Monty

Expert Expediter
Well, I'll be darned, it sure is just that ... good ... I'll just splice the wire and hook it up there ...