Wireless Internet in truck?

BigCat

Expert Expediter
I recently bought the TMobile rocket 4G USB stick and so far I'm liking it but they don't offer unlimited. What are you guys using for unlimited? I had cricket and it was slow so don't want to go back to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Have you looked at the Netzero or Clear internet options? I have never used them but they are some of the few to still offer unlimited internet.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

BigCat

Expert Expediter
I haven't seen net zero in a really long time. Is clear the one Walmart has exclusively?

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I haven't seen net zero in a really long time. Is clear the one Walmart has exclusively?

I saw both these advertised on TV yesterday but I am not sure how new they are but Netzero looks to be branching out. The one for Clear I saw was through Best Buy.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Don't have unlimited data on phone anymore as AT&T took it away as an option.

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
I use a Samsung smartphone (htc EVO ) with the unlimited plan from Sprint, pay an extra data fee of $30 a month to enable the WiFi hotspot feature on phone. My phone becomes a WiFi router. I was using a free app to do this ( tethering) , but I use the WiFi so much, that I just pay for it now.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Curious.....how do you tether your phone to the laptop?

You just download a small program to your phone and laptop like pda net. The you use a USB to whatever plug your phone uses between the two. One nice thing is your phone charges while using it. You will drop the internet connection if you get a call.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Newest pdanet has wifi, have to download extra app called foxfi. Works great i run both my laptop and tablet.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 2

twentyhigh

Seasoned Expediter
You just download a small program to your
phone and laptop like pda net. The you use a USB to whatever plug your phone uses between the two. One nice thing is your phone charges while using it. You will drop the internet connection if you get a call.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

Cool. Thanks for the info!

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
FOXFI Works great and has good speed, I also have a 4 G phone from T Mobile and it helps when your in a area with the 4 G speeds. Parking near a Free WIFI spot helps...

truckblue

Expert Expediter
Driver
I have a TMobile stick with the 5G plan. For 50.00 a month, I never run out of time and I'm on it quite often.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Well when I bought mine they told me 3.5gb was all they had available. I am not even close right now but I also haven't been streaming media which I like to do. It is fast when I have full 4g.

Mayfield Express