Winter wipers on a Sprinter

chetjester

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Looking for recommendations for good winter wipers. Sick of stopping to remove the ice and snow that accumulates. What do you recommend?

Thanks.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've used Anco booted wiper blades in years past, they seem to have worked well. I think Trico makes them too.

I tried RainX winter blades one year, bad luck that-- they tended to lift in the wind.

I may have to try Slush Busters. There's enough others recommending them here that it's worth a look-see, anyway.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I've used Anco booted wiper blades in years past, they seem to have worked well. I think Trico makes them too.

I tried RainX winter blades one year, bad luck that-- they tended to lift in the wind.

I may have to try Slush Busters. There's enough others recommending them here that it's worth a look-see, anyway.

Slush-Busters are the ticket. I have used them on both my work truck and my pick up truck for several years. Good product.

chetjester

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Thanks for the Slushbuster information. The FAQ says it accommodates 19 - 24 inch blades. My Sprinter uses a 26 inch blade on the driver side and 24 inch on the passenger side. Will I have any issues?

Thanks.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks for the Slushbuster information. The FAQ says it accommodates 19 - 24 inch blades. My Sprinter uses a 26 inch blade on the driver side and 24 inch on the passenger side. Will I have any issues?

Thanks.

They are only plastic...you could cut them down to size if need be....

chetjester

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Funny. I'm still on my first cup. Sitting in my recliner watching Fox News with several of my dogs sharing my lap on my yearly Christmas vacation.

I suppose I could buy 2 sets and cut one of the extras to extend the driver side. That way I would have a spare if needed.

Ready to push the "Buy Now" button. Thanks everyone.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Funny. I'm still on my first cup. Sitting in my recliner watching Fox News with several of my dogs sharing my lap on my yearly Christmas vacation.

I suppose I could buy 2 sets and cut one of the extras to extend the driver side. That way I would have a spare if needed.

Ready to push the "Buy Now" button. Thanks everyone.

I also use the Prestone Anti Icing windshield wash...a few cents more but it does work to some degree...

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army

Thanks.

I had one that had a 2 inch section on the end come unglued. I cut it off and used a heat gun to melt it smooth on the edge. That wiper is now longer than the slush buster. It still seems to work fine.

chetjester

Veteran Expediter
Driver
For whatever reason, Paypal doesn't want to allow the payment to INRS. And, there is no other method to pay them.

Oh well.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
For whatever reason, Paypal doesn't want to allow the payment to INRS. And, there is no other method to pay them.

Oh well.

PayPal seems to be having a problem today. I have a buyer for an item I have for sale on ebay that is having the same problem.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Why not try to get them through J.C. Whitney? That's how I got mine.:D

They no longer carry them. I wanted to give a set for Christmas but they no longer have them.

--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

chetjester

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Paypal is working again. My order for 2 sets has succeeded. I'll let you know if they work well. Thanks for all y'alls help.

guido4475

Not a Member
Make sure you know where youre going to stick them, because once theyre on, there is not peeling them off without messing them up!

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I ordered a couple sets myself. I have a question for the people who have experience with the slushbusters.

Do you install them so that the wiper hits them at angle (the contact points starts at one end and transfers through to the other end) or do you have them so that they make full contact on the full length of wiper at once. It seems to me that having them at angle would work best, just curious if anyone has experimented with different positions (with the slushbiusters :D )