Winter is coming are you ready.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Fall is here and winter is a few months away. Now is the time to get ready for the winter season. Replace wipers, Replace belts, flush your coolant system and check your batterys to see if they hold a good charge. It's better to do these things now then when snow is on the ground and you have to pay for a service call.

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
Have had truck in shop getting winterized. All new batteries put in Thursday morning. We don't like going into the winter months wondering if the batteries will take the cold so we replace them before. Cheaper than a service truck or tow on the side of the interstate.

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
Don't forget about those air dryers and air systems. Nothing worse than having to lay in the snow or slush trying to thaw frozen brake lines!

Weady2Wun

Seasoned Expediter

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I ordered mine online with Pay Pal and had no problems. I have never tried to call them so I do not know about this issue.

One year several people ordered these from J.C. Whitney, but they were a few bucks more.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Maybe a little early depending on where i PU or Deliver to in the next few weeks, but I pulled the Roll Around AC unit out f the truck and put the Big Buddy heater and 20 lb propane bottle back in the truck!!

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Saw tire chains on prominent display in a Nebraska truck stop today; yet another sign that winter is coming and another item to add to the check lists above.

We added something else this year; a Florida vacation home. Winter driving will be different for Diane and me this year because if and when we hit our limit, we can turn it off like a switch by heading south and warming up for a week or two or a month or more.

Winter, I laugh at you!!!!

HA!

HA! HA!

HA! HA! HAAAAAAA!

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Saw tire chains on prominent display in a Nebraska truck stop today; yet another sign that winter is coming and another item to add to the check lists above.

We added something else this year; a Florida vacation home. Winter driving will be different for Diane and me this year because if and when we hit our limit, we can turn it off like a switch by heading south and warming up for a week or two or a month or more.

Winter, I laugh at you!!!!

HA!

HA! HA!

HA! HA! HAAAAAAA!

Attitudes like that bring winter visitors from South Dakota...*lol*

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Brrrrrrr! Panther sent me my winter jacket with my EO name on it so I will be ready for any cold weather. It's a nice jacket too!

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
It is also time to get your slush busters ordered!

The Slushbuster Winter De-Icing Strip - Safer and better than Winter Blades alone!

These work really well in the winter to keep ice from building up on the windshield!
Of those who have tried these, have you thought of putting them vertically on the left and right sides of the windshield? Maybe one set horizontally where they suggest and another vertically on the sides, bust the slush twice!

Has anyone tried those heated strips that heat your wipers? Wonder which is better.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Does get old Greg, and make you look jealous of their ability to be a success to be honest....:rolleyes:

But then again people think my cut and paste in the soapbox is old to...so I guess...have at it....

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Im always ready. But its goning to cost this year when all the fare weather drivers wont go.

Hmm $ 5.00 a mile.

thats to make up for the loads not gottnen during the summer months or should I say Fare Weather Driver months

breeze

Seasoned Expediter
I wish i had a place in florida to crash at during some winter storms .sounds like that souper poster is a little jealous.congrats on adding that nice stop to your buisness.greg you better start doing more work and less posting then you could afford a shack in florida too.

guido4475

Not a Member
Thinking about replacing the original heater core with 300,000 miles on it,blower motor and resistor have been done already.One more battery and a alternator as well as a set of snow tires and I think that should do it for me.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Yes, i'm totally ready for winter. I'll start for the Keys bout 1 December.