Wings win again!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The Detroit Red Wings won again, in overtime for the 4th time in the series, send it back to California for a game seven. Not bad for a busted up team with a line with 3 rookie starters on it! The big "Z" had two goals tonight including the game winner.

One of the best series I can remember in a very long time. Too bad I can't stay up for game 7. I have a load early Monday morning and I need to sleep.

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I used to watch every single wings game, but since we got MLS, hockey is no longer a prime time.

Houston Dynamo rules! :cool:

Sent from my SGH-T999 using EO Forums mobile app

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'll cheer them on.
A Hawks-Wings series will be exciting.

It likely would be, but not as exciting as this one. The Wings cannot match up to the Hawks this year. They are also pretty beat up after this series.

Next season, baring large numbers of injuries, the Hawks/Wings should be VERY interesting!

No matter what happens Sunday, this was a GREAT series. IF Detroit wins I believe that they will not make it out of the second round. Just like I said two months ago.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I used to watch every single wings game, but since we got MLS, hockey is no longer a prime time.

Houston Dynamo rules! :cool:

SOCCER? Is that the sport where some wimp gets bumped, falls on the ground crying, holding his shin and some nut in weird shorts runs up an waves a yellow card at him? :p

In hockey, a guy gets hit in the head with a frozen piece of rubber traveling at 100+ MPH, gets cut wide open, they stick seven or eight stitches in, made out of dental floss, and send him back out to play 5 minutes later.

LOL! Got it right I think!

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
SOCCER? Is that the sport where some wimp gets bumped, falls on the ground crying, holding his shin and some nut in weird shorts runs up an waves a yellow card at him? :p

In hockey, a guy gets hit in the head with a frozen piece of rubber traveling at 100+ MPH, gets cut wide open, they stick seven or eight stitches in, made out of dental floss, and send him back out to play 5 minutes later.

LOL! Got it right I think!

Of course, one who likes violent sports will never understand the beauty of the (real) football ;)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Soccer is EASY to understand. It is hockey, played on grass, by wimps, who cry when they get bumped on the RIGHT shoulder, fall to the ground, on their back with the LEFT leg up in the air, while grabbing their shin.

THEN

A weird little dude in funny shorts and knee socks run over to the wimp on his back while waving a yellow card, yelling, FOUL FOUL!

The wimp in the ground then says, "What Foul"? "Baby Heuwy kicked me in the left shin"

The funny dude in the shorts and knee socks then says "But he hit you in the Right shoulder"?

The wimp then says, "OH YEAH" then gets up and is promptly hit in the back of his head by a dart thrown by Baby Heuwy's Brother who is drunk in the stands.

See I TOLD you I understand soccer! :p

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
There is beauty in hockey.
You have to understand the game.
Same as soccer.

As I mentioned before, I used to watch hockey games, I still like the Wings, but since the MLS was born, I watch what is worth to watch (for me, of course). And it's not quite as y'all believe about crying babies, it's quite rough when one is running as fast as he can, and someone else is stopping him by fault. I used to play soccer for a long time (I started at age of 7 and quit at 30), but as a pro for a very short period. Gosh, I really miss those days!