Windows Vista

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
When I got my new laptop, it came with Vista. I would've rather had XP at the time, after hearing about the nightmares. But I have to say I'm very pleased with it. No crashes so far during normal operations. Goback took care of a problem I had installing a game. No shutdowns due to overheating (more due to the puter). And when the video driver hit a snag, Vista fixed the problem without the puter locking up! Normally, I would've had to reboot and lose what I was working on. Instead, it's a hiccup that lets me keep going.

Kudos to Microsoft for finally getting it right!!! Vista is great!

easyrider2697

Expert Expediter
What I found very interesting was that there is a XP immulator program built in..what this means is if you are having problems with software that YOU install that was working on XP...simply right click on it, then click compatibility, then click the tab that says "run this program in compatilibity mode for: and you can choose several different operating systems.
I have not had to use it yet with vista pro but its there if you need it.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Thanx for the info. I did try that when I had probs loading that game. In fact, that might've been the problem itself. Glad goback was there, or I would've had to start everything over from scratch. Not blaming Vista, as there are only a handful of games known not to work on it. And I didn't get the machine for games anyways (but I got one with a better vid card tho ;))

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I have also just received my new computer loaded with Vista. I had a little bit of an issue getting my Quicken loaded but other than that everything has gone fine. There are a few new features I really like such as the new Windows Mail. Over all after about a week of only using this computer I am very impressed. I have the internal internet card that works with Sprint and I cannot believe how much faster my computer connects. I am now wondering why I waited so long to buy a new computer.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
No it is called a Dell Mobil Broadband Card. When I called Sprint to activate it they could not even figure out what kind of card it was and while talking to them I activated it myself. The kid I was talking to was amazed at how slick it worked!

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
And here I am thinking the USB port is a cool idea for a card. I feel like I'm back in the Stone Age! Anyone got any mango salsa? :D

Attachments

• geico-cavemen-restaurant.jpg
    geico-cavemen-restaurant.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 2