window

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
back again still cant find problem with ac but iv given up on it for now, passenger window worked fine this morning now it wont work at all I know greasyshrit had this problem before 2005 m2 106 any ideas will help
thanks to all who may have an idea

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
I haven't had to deal with a window problem on an M2. Power windows? If yes, I guess I'd start by checking fuses, checking for power at fuse with ignition on, pulling the switch out of the door and checking for power, and putting power at motor to see if it works. If power is at switch then its either switch or motor. If no power at switch, either umbilical harness to door, fuse, fault in the not-waterproofed fuse box, or one of it's crappy connectors. Also not sure if body control module plays a part. No idea. If it has an auto-down feature, then some module somewhere controls it.

Skyline

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I had many problems with my M2 fuse box. Finally took it off, drilled it open and it was green as grass on the inside. Used starting fluid and a toothbrush to clean it as best as I could. Screwed it back together with self toppers and was lucky enough to never have problems again.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
I had many problems with my M2 fuse box. Finally took it off, drilled it open and it was green as grass on the inside. Used starting fluid and a toothbrush to clean it as best as I could. Screwed it back together with self toppers and was lucky enough to never have problems again.

I've got a full parts cab and chassis still if your interested

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
EDIT: got people mixed up. Nevermind.
Breathing diesel fumes again, are we?

lloyd-bridges-sniffing-glue-i1.jpg

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
back again still cant find problem with ac but iv given up on it for now, passenger window worked fine this morning now it wont work at all I know greasyshrit had this problem before 2005 m2 106 any ideas will help
thanks to all who may have an idea
Well after pulling fuse box and throwing it away and replaced with a new on the problem has been solved .

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I haven't had to deal with a window problem on an M2. Power windows? If yes, I guess I'd start by checking fuses, checking for power at fuse with ignition on, pulling the switch out of the door and checking for power, and putting power at motor to see if it works. If power is at switch then its either switch or motor. If no power at switch, either umbilical harness to door, fuse, fault in the not-waterproofed fuse box, or one of it's crappy connectors. Also not sure if body control module plays a part. No idea. If it has an auto-down feature, then some module somewhere controls it.
switches for windows are on dash , this is all connected to moduels in this rare beauty,bulkhead mod,chassie head mod,pdm which is the power distribution moduel also known as the fuse box there are no relays just a few fuses that have been placed here and there over time by aa sleeper in texas but the fuse box as you said was poorly placed under hood above front rt tire I cant figure out if they fired the guy who designed that mess but alls good now.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
switches for windows are on dash , this is all connected to moduels in this rare beauty,bulkhead mod,chassie head mod,pdm which is the power distribution moduel also known as the fuse box there are no relays just a few fuses that have been placed here and there over time by aa sleeper in texas but the fuse box as you said was poorly placed under hood above front rt tire I cant figure out if they fired the guy who designed that mess but alls good now.
Excellent.

I'd be tempted to fill it with cosmoline, but I don't know if that would help or somehow hurt it.

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Excellent.

I'd be tempted to fill it with cosmoline, but I don't know if that would help or somehow hurt it.
bottom side is a sealed just a poor location at least I know I wont have any problems there for awhile it lasted 10 yrs ill oly hope for a couple more yrs anyway proly time to get rid if it getting to old for this crap anyway