Will i need to pay tax on newly asstes!

Webbly

Rookie Expediter
I'm going to buy new assets for my running business, i'm doing business of transportation and due to business expansion i need to buy newly truck which fulfill business need. But i'm little bit confuse that will i need pay tax on it or not necessary?

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
]Afternoon Webbly, Any asset that you purchase is not a taxable item on your tax return, it is a depreciable item for a period of 3 years with a 4 year life at straight line depreciation, with a 4 year life, meaning depending on the month and day it is put in service, the depreication starts, and you will receive the deposit and the balance would be depreciated from that date. it would be reduced depending on the date it was put into service.

Franklin Katz, ATP, PA, PB
Frank's Tax & Business Service
315 E. King St.
Kings Mountain, NC 28086
704-739-4039
E-Mail: [email protected])
Web: www.prep.1040.com/frankstax

Circular 230 Disclaimer
Circular 230: To ensure compliance with the requirements imposed by the IRS, we inform you that any tax advice contained in our communication (including any attachments) was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding any tax penalty or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.

Our advice in our communication is limited to the conclusions specifically set forth herein and is based on the completeness and accuracy of the facts and assumptions as stated. Our advice may consider tax authorities that are subject to change, retroactively and/or prospectively. Such changes could affect the validity of our advice. Our advice will not be updated for subsequent changes or modifications to applicable law and regulations, or to the judicial and administrative interpretations thereof.

Legally privileged and/or confidential information may be contained in our communication; it is intended exclusively for the addressee. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed in our communication are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in the governing client engagement letter. If you are not the addressee (or designated representative) indicated in this message, you may not disclose, copy, or distribute this message to anyone. Action taken or omitted based on our communication is prohibited and may be unlawful.

n the month is starts Only if you sell the asset then it might be taxable.