Why not a Mack ?

Rob A

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I'm just curious, all the D units seem to be either Freightliners or Internationals . Why aren't there more Macks?

G

I am not too sure. But, I heard that Mack does not allow choices wihen it comes to engines and transmissions.

Randy

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
It seems to me that the mack still has that "construction type" attitude. It may be because it does not have that refined look like the fl70.

Randy

G

Think about where you normally see a lot of Macks,,at consrtuction zones,coal mine and logging hauling,These trucks do this well as they are designed for very rugged hauling,but as a result have extremly tough suspension systems giving them a hard ride,When you drive 100,000 miles a year a godd riding truck is important,,I am not sure what Mack is selling in the conventional straight truck these days,but a few years ago it was a French made Renault with a Mack name plate. Mack is owned by Renault as Freightliner is owned by Mercedes Benz.They do make the mid liner straight truck which is a cab over.

Rob A

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
They are still selling the Renault with the Mack nameplate, both in conventional and cab over. The MS 300 and CS 300. These could be for expediter application.