why is it so hard for a recruiter to return your calls

denny2010

Expert Expediter
been on here for a while now. asking questions e-mailking people. calling recruiters and sending apps, but they just dont answer back. can theybe that busy? i doubt it.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
been on here for a while now. asking questions e-mailking people. calling recruiters and sending apps, but they just dont answer back. can theybe that busy? i doubt it.

If you are asking about putting on a van. You may never hear. If you say you have a truck they will be back to you in a heartbeat.

denny2010

Expert Expediter
was asking questions about a straight truck. and if they had any o/o operators who need a driver...

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
was asking questions about a straight truck. and if they had any o/o operators who need a driver...

Most recruiter's jobs are finding trucks not drivers. If you don't have experience, that's another reason because with the economy the way it is everybody wants to drive a truck. Someone starting out and trying to do it with expediting probably won't succeed. I did not say you but most people. This is harder than jumping in a company truck and going where your told than going where you have too.:D

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Denny2010;

Speaking from experience, a Recruiter does not just answer phone calls. They may take care of current drivers needs, do background checks, and a whole bunch of other things.

I do think calls should be returned the same day, or at least within 24 hours.

Thanks,

HotFr8Recruiter

sluggo

Seasoned Expediter
Denny2010;

Speaking from experience, a Recruiter does not just answer phone calls. They may take care of current drivers needs, do background checks, and a whole bunch of other things.

I do think calls should be returned the same day, or at least within 24 hours.

Thanks,

HotFr8Recruiter

Scott H. at Premium Transportation Logistics has answered every call, email, and text I have sent him in a timely fashion. He is a large part of why I will be hauling freight for them.:)

JOHNCLARK

Expert Expediter
Your right, And I'm guilty!! Not that it's a excuse, however, last week I was fortunate to have more calls than usual, a fleet owner that signed on his trucks, along with the rest of safety responsibilities and then along came the dreaded flu! So I was definately guilty last week of being "hard to get too". And I know from being in a position of once upon of time of passing out resumes myself that waiting not only seems rude, but it also shows a lack of interest in the company you are applying too. And even worse yet, I think my voicemail is still from Tuesday!! Sorry!!:(

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
have you tried the free classifieds section on this site?

you could call anne muzynski at bolt. she is good at returning calls. don't know myself if i would drive what is available but it is an "IN".

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
E-1 does orientation on Mondays & Tuesday so those days are a bit tougher. Are you looking for a specic recruiter or anybody in the office? They all have direct numbers but if you are looking for one specific recruiter, he or she may be out on vacation or surgery or ? Otherwise I have no idea why it would take so long. We've never had to wait more than a day or so.

JayBird44

Active Expediter
I agree that some companies just want trucks and not drivers. I know of lots of companies who are hiring drivers, though. They want experienced drivers with good equip that will pass inspection. Do you only have van experience or do you have flatbed experience? I know that Miller Transfer has a quick turn around on calling owner operators back. One driver only took a little over a week to give his application before he went in for his drug test. He has been hauling containers and wants to haul machinery now which is what Miller mostly does. You can call 800-669-7611 and just ask for dispatch. They should be able to point you in the right direction. It's worth a call anyway. Hope this helps!