Why bother to go to EO at all?

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
This is my opinion and thoughts on why each and every day I go to EO while drinking my morning coffee or if I have driven the morning shift I check out the posts as soon as possible.

There are enough members here who post good information that we are NEVER the last to know anything related to trucking. I have many friends in the "truckload" carrier world who cannot figure out how we stay on top of so many issues. It is due to the threads on EO.

EO members are better informed then any expediters we meet out on the road who are not members. We know the laws coming down the pike and we know the rules that effect our business and are prepared. Another great thing about the information we learn about trucking is the information is very seldom wrong. If someone post something that is not quite correct another will quickly straighten out the mis information.

When I have a question there is at least one person who posts on here that will have an answer to what I need to know or will direct me to someone that does.

When people on the road ask us questions that I do not know I know of members on EO that have experience in that field who can reply.

When people ask me questions about carriers I refer them to EO as they are all on here and we can direct them to those areas.

EO is our number one source for information that effects our business and helps to keep us legal on the road.

Where else can we go that will give us information on easier way to cook in the cab, maintain our truck, hints on howto use pre pass, improve our battery life, and the plethora of other ideas to make our life on the road easier?

I do not see EO threads as a place to chat. When I want to chat or ask specific questions I use the PM function.

There are many on here who have Facebook and I chat or keep up with those members on Facebook, where they are and how they are doing.

The difference between EO and say the OOIDA forums is that I know we will run into many of you that post and we look forward to it. The OOIDA forums are different as they are pretty sure they will never meet face to face and in my opinion some act like idiots as they know they will never meet and can hide behind their keyboards.

Expediting is a small group and most of us are social and when we see other expediters we like to say HI! There is no hiding behind a keyboard in Expediting we are to small of a group which is great!

Reactions: 2 people

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I agree Linda.
The first place I go is my e mails and then on to EO.
Where else can you find so much info about what is happening in the expediting world. It also keeps me in the loop when we are at home. Just looking at the locations thread can give you an idea of how trucks are moving and I have learned so much from all the different threads.
EO works for me.

bobwg

Expert Expediter
PM is good I guess if you want to chat in private and not allow others to comment or join in with what ever the chat is about. I dont mind chat in public where others can see and comment or join in but thats just my opinion

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I have to agree with most of what you said, except for the part where it is not a place to chat. I think this is what makes this site unique and almost alive compared to other sites. We are for the most part a large "disfunctional" family and I think we use EO for both good information, but also for socializing.
I have seen other members suggest a chat room, which I think is a good idea. Ultimately it is up to Lawrence and the staff at EO to guide us into the direction they want this site to go to.
I do think a chat room would be nice but even then it probably would not eliminate the banter and drivel some people complain about.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
When we are at home I still check EO each day and you are right I use it to keep an informed of what is happening and how people are moving.

There are some thoughts and comments that need to be asked or clarified in a PM.

There are other clarifications that need to be asked in a thread to clear up a mis communication or a mis understanding.

That is what is intriguing about EO is that we are all different and we all write our opinions.

I find it a wonderful site for of information and insight. There are forums that do not interest me and that I do not frequent as well as threads that do not interest me and I do not read and we each have that choice.

EO keeps me in touch with what is going on in trucking and also in the news. We do not have TV in our truck or in our house and I am still better informed then many people on what is going on. I credit this to EO and the great posters here.

transporter

Expert Expediter
i agree with linda. i have allways said eo is a good place to learn things and socialize. pm are real nice function. pm ing though lacks the give and take with new people. so to have at least one perpetual banter thread would keep this place alive and growing.

moose

Veteran Expediter
There is no frigging way i would have bought an expediter truck ,if it's not for this forums .
i was reading for some time ,before even signing in to ask questions ,and throughout the years made a lot of decisions base on the info. provided here .
it is always fun times to meet EO members out on the roads .
am also looking on the free ads ,for good drivers and trucks .
where else can you advertise a vacan sleeper ?

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
There is no frigging way i would have bought an expediter truck ,if it's not for this forums .
i was reading for some time ,before even signing in to ask questions ,and throughout the years made a lot of decisions base on the info. provided here .

Thanks Moose. Stay safe in MN. :eek:

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator

Hey Moose why don't you tell us how you really feel! We always enjoy seeing you on the road. You have shared many good tips and information with us and I appreciate it. Stay safe and we look forward to bumping into you again.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I prefer not to rub fenders with you Moose or with any other poster we happen to see out here on the road!

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
Here in the US it called fender-bender ,
back in the UK it called Rubbing-Hoods...:)

Not heard that one Moose :confused:

In the UK we call the hood, the bonnet, the trunk is called the boot.

Fender Bender is common terminology in the UK too ;)

moose

Veteran Expediter
Not heard that one Moose :confused:

Me neither, i just made it up , Gee's ,it was funny at the time...
& please tell me that you herd about the new FMCSA regulation banning jump seats from commercial vehicles ,because someone might seat there ,talk to the driver ,and cause a destructed driver.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Moose I had to laugh over your destructed driver comment! That is much more true then distracted drivers...

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
EO is the only place to go. I remember the 1st time I met Lawrence, he came up to me and handed me a flyer about EO back when he was still driving his van. I been a member ever since. My 1st account was deleted as I wanted a new one with a nick name. EO is the 1st place I sign on to each day. It's a great site and I promote EO as much as I can.

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
I lurked on here for quite some time and it was the main reason I started in this business driving a D truck for an owner. I continued to lurk and finally joined about the same time I bought my first truck. EO has helped me to sell an FL70 and a Sprinter. I have used the site to stay informed and have my questions answered. This community has helped me to be profitable and solve problems as they cropped up. Of course, the main reason to join EO for me, was to interact with people in the business. I always enjoyed meeting EO members out there on the road and swapping tall tales. I retired last year and I thought I really missed the business but after thinking about it I realized I just missed the people. ....Thanks everyone.